Modifying Bedsides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen numerous tube rear bumpers in particular an Outlaw bumper where people are modifying the rear bedsides for approach angle. What is the best/cleanest way to cut the bedsides? Is there a DIY or thread I'm missing somewhere that shows the best way to go? Thanks in advance!

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Doing a dovetail on the besides is definitely one of those things you don't want to mess up.

A Sawzall with a very very fine metal blade works well. I would not go less than a 18t. More teeth, the cleaner the cut.

Before cutting away, use some masking tape, layering it a few times (to keep from scratching), where your cutting, and then you can draw your preferred cut line onto the tape using a ruler or straight edge.

Be sure to check out the newly released SVC Baja Rear Bumper! Clean design that retains oem reverse sensors, plate lights, spare tire lock. And also moves the hitch up and behind the license plate (which flips up). And space for a couple rigid dually (or similar) reverse/running lights.

Shoot me a pm for a quote if your interested!

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have any clear vynal to protect the paint take it off and put masking tape over everything your going to cut and take your time, you cant just try again.

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
we like a cut off wheel as opposed to a sawzall, I think it is easier to stay on your line. the area where it dips for the bumper to recess in the fender is the toughest part, it looks wavy in this pic, but it is the angle it is straight on the truck, notice there are a few different styles for the dovetail as well.
DSCN1705_zps24bde05b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter