Front Fender Removal?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats up with the foam you had to cut out(purpose)? How many bolts and fasteners holding that fender on? Good call on that undercoating looks great.

We just pulled all that foam out on mine. I don't remember exactly, but I'm guessing it was < ten bolts total per fender. They are located in the door jamb, under the hood, behind the headlight, and in the fender well

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I know you guys with other colors all like to deny it, but there are so many advantages for white paint on desert Raptors I don't even know where to begin listing them all.
:burnout:

No denial for me. I actually told the wife that I'd love to get another white one to mod out and keep my orange one about where i have it now. She didn't really bite off on it....:laughing1:

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The finished product

IMG_1123.JPG

Close up of the paint and LineX

IMG_1124.JPG

Blacked out old school Outlaw bumper
IMG_1122.JPG

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GotSVT.....looks great but I have one question.
ae4dd48a-9d03-2b6c.jpg
when I look at the passenger fender, the front lines seem a bit off where it meets the headlight, hood, front bumper?? Looks like it might be the actual mold though. I can't compare the driver side lines due to the sun. Im debating fenders with 37" but before I take the plunge, wanted to verify.

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what location you are referring to? If you are talking about the following location (seen during mock up) as shown below, then you are correct about the piece being molded a little off. Most of the trucks I've seen are like this to some degree. There was a LOT of sanding and trimming required to just get this close. The door and hood gaps are decent after working them. This is the only real problem area - but I can live with it.

My dad and I have been building street rods and custom trucks for the last 30 years. These fenders were some of the worst pieces of fiberglass I've ever seen someone ask money for. If you are used to working with good quality street rod/machine fiberglass, you will be disappointed in these. If I had it to do over I would choose another vendor's product. YMMV.

IMG_1028.JPG

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What company made those fenders if you don't mind me asking? I was gonna put this on my next thing to do list haha which ones would you prefer to use?

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what location you are referring to? If you are talking about the following location (seen during mock up) as shown below, then you are correct about the piece being molded a little off. Most of the trucks I've seen are like this to some degree. There was a LOT of sanding and trimming required to just get this close. The door and hood gaps are decent after working them. This is the only real problem area - but I can live with it.

My dad and I have been building street rods and custom trucks for the last 30 years. These fenders were some of the worst pieces of fiberglass I've ever seen someone ask money for. If you are used to working with good quality street rod/machine fiberglass, you will be disappointed in these. If I had it to do over I would choose another vendor's product. YMMV.

IMG_1028.JPG
Thanks for the honest feedback bro!

I been keeping my eye on the Stewart's Raceworks Fenders......these aren't their fenders, correct?!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest feedback bro!

I been keeping my eye on the Stewart's Raceworks Fenders......these aren't their fenders, correct?!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Correct, these are not Stewart's.

BlackReef

Reaction score
Nice. Sorry, Im late to the party - but what other mods are necessary to run 37"s besides top perch and front glass?