Overhead Gun Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseashooter

Reaction score
When I was in college (I like to think a short wile back) I saw a fella that had a jacked up F-350 with a rifle rack mounted above his head, in the cab. I'd like to do something similar so that I can keep an AR or a 10/22 close at hand, and I've seen a couple of solutions and products online, just wondering if anyone here has anything like this....?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was in college (I like to think a short wile back) I saw a fella that had a jacked up F-350 with a rifle rack mounted above his head, in the cab. I'd like to do something similar so that I can keep an AR or a 10/22 close at hand, and I've seen a couple of solutions and products online, just wondering if anyone here has anything like this....?

I'm guessing you don't offroad a great deal?

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
I don't have possession of the truck yet, LOL, but when I do I probably won't be off road a lot, and I plan on unloading it (should it happen) when I do go do something fun enough to dislodge anything.

I live just outside of Houston, Tx, Bulletnjm.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have possession of the truck yet, LOL, but when I do I probably won't be off road a lot, and I plan on unloading it (should it happen) when I do go do something fun enough to dislodge anything.

I live just outside of Houston, Tx, Bulletnjm.

Understood. A rifle as a moving projectile inside the cab isn't a pretty picture, so I still don't like the idea of a rack over your head. If you are in need of a weapon within reach, perhaps consider a handgun inside the center console? I've seen a number of examples here.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the racks I have seen state that they are not side curtain airbag compatible. I'm no expert on the airbag layout in these trucks, just food for thought.

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^
That is one of my big concerns. I know that everyone here cans be desert runners and mudslingers, literally.....just hoping someone might have an idea or might have seen something.

I have already had the dealership install a console vault.... Lost a 1911 to a hoodlum with a screwdriver. But as we say in the shooting community, "I carry a pistol to keep me alive long enough to get to my rifle." I remember back when I was a kid, in the little farm and ranch community that I grew up in, everyone had gun racks in the back glass of their trucks. That's not an option for me. :-/

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shooter - Yeah, I remember the "old" days when all the trucks here in FL had rifle racks in the back...you don't see that much any more, even though it's still legal.

Now that I've found out that the back seat folds down, (thx Macf) I'll be trying to find a way to mount my "trunk gun" (AR 15) back there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter