OEM (The Real Deal) Rain Sensing Wipers discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings all.... This is the followup to my first project "OEM (The Real Deal) Ambient Lighting discussion"

This project will add the Rain-Sensing wipers to your Raptor using OEM parts and operate exactly as designed by Ford on the King-Ranch, Platinum and Limited F-150's. Or at least that is what I am trying for....

I'm going to ball-park this project to fall in the $500-$600 range and will post part numbers and prices as I go along.

With this addition, you get the added bonus of the "SoundScreen" windshield. This makes for a quieter cabin, but on a Raptor that is a moot-point given the large-lugged shoes that like to sing to the sound of the road.

If anyone has any positive input, feel free to chime in. The more brain-power the better.

It is funny, if you have never had a vehicle with Rain-Sensing wipers your knee-jerk reaction may be to wonder why waste the money. But this is the first vehicle that I have had in the last 15 years that didn't have Rain-Sensing wipers and on those light-misting, barely raining days, you really miss having it.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I did a triple take when I realized it didn't have them, but at least it has the nice triple turn signal feature.

Subscribed...

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind installing a momentary switch somewhere near the steering column that, when pressed, would cycle the wipers one time. This would help when offroading and I get a mud/water splash on the windshield and need to clear it really quick.

Do you have a front camera on your truck? If yes, you may run into some troubles because I believe the wipers are controlled through the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) through HS-CAN and the module is probably different on a front camera equipped Raptor because of the front camera sprayer.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Emailed you some info... hope it helps.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind installing a momentary switch somewhere near the steering column that, when pressed, would cycle the wipers one time. This would help when offroading and I get a mud/water splash on the windshield and need to clear it really quick.

Do you have a front camera on your truck? If yes, you may run into some troubles because I believe the wipers are controlled through the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) through HS-CAN and the module is probably different on a front camera equipped Raptor because of the front camera sprayer.

I noticed that when I was looking at the options for Wiper Stalks. There are 3 available. Normal, Normal with Camera and Rain-Sensing. I ordered a couple (they are pretty cheap) and I'm going to do some testing to see if the positions of the stalk are different between them.

To break it down into technical terms.. when the intermittent wiper speed position is at the slowest, do all the stalks send the same command over the CAN-BUS... if that is the case, then we are good as gold.

olk

Reaction score
subscribed. I have the same interest to make it work, if it is more into plug and play than into plug and pray area...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you would think that it would be automatic with the courtesy wipe and the window fluid...... guess not. who sprays the window and doesnt use the wipers?