Need help changing the sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackList

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a 2014 Raptor SCrew couple months ago and something landed onto the sunroof resulting it being cracked. Long story short, I want to replace the sunroof without going to the insurance company about this. I just don't know how to remove the roof liner without damaging anything. Need some expertise ! Thanks,

edit; the roof liner does not need to come out of the car. Just want to take it off the install the new sunroof.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have had the headliner down on multiple occasions. it does not fully come out unless you pull the front or rear window, or you fold it to bring out a front door and you dont want to do that. the rear window is the easiest to remove. its better to use insurance.

OP
OP
B

BlackList

Reaction score
i have had the headliner down on multiple occasions. it does not fully come out unless you pull the front or rear window, or you fold it to bring out a front door and you dont want to do that. the rear window is the easiest to remove. its better to use insurance.

Can you explain to me how to get the liner down? Would be a great help ! :)

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't need to drop the liner. The glass is only held in by 4 screws that are accessible just by retracting the visor. Unless you need to replace the sun visor also

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glass swap is easy, especially with 2 people. leave all the tracks and frames in place and just remove the 4 screws...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hopefullywhat these guys say works for you. i dont do much on the mechanical side, but to drop the headliner, you need to pull all the interior side panels, visors, and sunglass holder. basically look and see whats touching the headliner and it will need to come off. theblittle hanger clips in the rear are fragile and will break if you arent very careful