How to protect stepping in paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if there is a way to protect the paint that is located by the door when you step into the truck. That interior ledge when the door is closed.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased two sets of the Ford door sill protectors and installed them on my Scab.
I cut the second set to fit the rest of the exposed areas for the center and rear passenger sections too.

They are holding up well.

IMG_2442_zpsce6c7b8a.jpg

IMG_2443_zpscc5f3b3a.jpg

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put some 4" transparent 3M protective tape on those areas. Should last quite a while.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a better solution than all of those "temporary" ones.

Line-X.

You can thank me later.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of that stuff. But I'd imagine if its clear it'll still get dirty and/or obtain light surface scratches that'll hold dirt in it.

I asked for Line-X XS-350 Oxford White matched bed liner and the owner straight up told me he'd drop $100 off the black to save me from making a big mistake. Even though it was Line-X, the fact that it was white no matter how strong the level I chose it'd still be hard to clean and have a little dirt on it after my first bed of dirt no matter how much I'd wash it.

I still stand by basic black Line-X for this interior door sill.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have 15k on it but nothing yet it's new to me also. But if it dose for any reason it scratches or anything it's fixed for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter