Help: How to drop screw headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I need some help ladies and gentlemen. I recently added a gobi roof rack and all went well.
This is a long story so I'll try to make it short. I need to access the bolts that hold the rails to my rack. I want to reinforce them from the inside which reside on each corner side running down the roof. I have tried searching on how to drop the headliner for a screw on here but I havnt been very successful. I just want to access the edges of the roof and while I'm there, install my gps antenna and run the wiring into the cab for the roof rack in the rear. (the bolts the hold the rails for the gobi rack rails are secured with jack nuts). I want to add washers and create more surface area for peace of mind and to add a bandu no pole swing out awning and my james baroud rtt for my expeditions.

So, the question is: may someone help me with a procedure to partially drop the headliner on a screw to achieve access to the screws that sit just to the inside of the airbags. I dont want to drop the entire headliner if I dont need to. I'd need access on all four doors pretty much and enough room to add my washers .... and my tool to secure the nut.

Any help would really help. I'll try and add some pics of the rack so you all can see what the rails and rack look like. Thank you for any assistance.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Noah for helping me take the interior completely apart. :)
no problem. unfortunately i was in an area where texts could go through, but not phone calls. took a bit longer to explain things, but im glad you got it apart without any issues.

OP
OP
Ftera

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now soon time to test the set-up!! Oh and wiring. Loads of wiring. Hahahaha
If anyone has any ?'s about our interiors, feel free to ask me. Tore half the truck apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter