2011 S cab rear seat removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings & Salutations,
Im getting ready to start my audio upgrade on my 11 Scab. And I have not been able to figure how to get the seat back off. I want to do some sound deadening and see what kind of room is there (I know its tight) to see if I can install am amp back there. I tried Youtube and couldnt find the 2011 version of this seat back removal for Scabs.

TIA,
Mike

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and an amp is not a good idea back there. not enough space for adequate air flow

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

if i somehow manage to find a way to make it to texas next week, i go right through phoenix. i can meet up with you and show you how

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]if i somehow manage to find a way to make it to texas next week, i go right through phoenix. i can meet up with you and show you how

That would be great. If you come through town, let me know. I'd love to hook up and get some ideas. The ideas I had in mind before I got the truck wont work on an Scab - Amps are too big.

On a side note, are you interested in any old school amps? haha.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be great. If you come through town, let me know. I'd love to hook up and get some ideas. The ideas I had in mind before I got the truck wont work on an Scab - Amps are too big.

On a side note, are you interested in any old school amps? haha.
i will have a definite answer tomorrow. i am a vendor at trr, but unforseen circumstances have caused me to scramble at the last minute to try to salvage the trip.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a similar install in a 2013 SCAB. I haven't had any heat issues but I don't crank the system. I have a sub box Noah built with an amp on the side and a 4 channel mounted to the back wall. I put a piece of plywood behind the rear panel to mount to.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f16/show-off-your-latest-pics-3546/index246.html

I checked out your install thread. Looks good. I bought some old school amps back a few years ago planning for a new truck purchase, that was unfortunately delayed for years due to health issues. Now, I found this Scab instead of the S Crew I originally wanted to buy initially. IFFF theres any way I can shoe horn it in, I have a Zapco Reference 1100.1 i'd like to get back there. It may be overkill for 2 8" subs (I dont crank it up much these days too), but I already have it and I was originally going to run 2 RE SX10's. I can go with smaller 4 channel amps for the front stage, rear fill & center. I may have to rethink the sub amp too.