Totalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I better be able to take some stuff off...I have a RTT on there that has nothing to do with them buying the car as is...they def won't credit me on that.
USAA credited me for everything I had added to my truck. If you have a receipt send it to them.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp...seems like my 22 raptor is totaled.

long story short...was tryin to make a left turn..87 year old lady sped up to beat the yellow light and it was wet...and we collided.

I have a buddy who owns a State Farm and I guess when airbags deploy insurance companies typically like to total them? Makes no sense because the car looks completely fixable....however I had two airbags deploy.

Anyway...going to get into my 3rd raptor....now do I go for the Raptor R.... Anyone go from a raptor to a raptor R and feel it was worth the extra $$?
That isn’t going to be even close to getting “totaled”, wishful thinking.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
You still own the truck until you cash their check. If you're going to remove some stuff, just do it now while it's still yours. Right now her insurance is still worried your neck might start hurting... Just sayin
If he was turning left across her and she was going straight through the yellow light than it would be his insurance that’s nervous

Hilarious comparing the two accident threads this one with low damage saying it’s totaled and the other with it properly F’d saying it isn’t

rickysnickers

Reaction score
That's no good. Hopefully everyone was ok. This is true, anytime the airbags are deployed, the vehicle is considered totaled.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's no good. Hopefully everyone was ok. This is true, anytime the airbags are deployed, the vehicle is considered totaled.
That is not even close to true. It’s all about replacement value compared to repair value. If repair value is more than 75% the cost to replace, you have a strong argument for it to be totaled.

gt350shelby

Reaction score
I’m an auto claims adjuster and to consider totaling a vehicle we obtain a salvage quote from Copart or IAA and add that to the total repair estimate amount. Then we run a value on the Raptor. Some states we go up to 75% of the value of the vehicle and in others we go up to 100% of the value of the truck. Pray it’s totalled because it’ll show up on Carfax as “airbags deployed “ and drop your truck value a minimum $10k on up on a trade in. Were you cited for failure to yield right away for turning left in front of her? If you’re at fault go under your collision coverage to get it resolvved. You can’t claim diminished value under your own policy unless it’s UMPD. Regarding the removal of aftermarket parts…we’d allow it as long as you put the original OEM parts back on. If not we’d deduct whatever you removed from the value of the truck. Looking at the photos it’ll likely go to an insurance salvage yard so an adjuster can write up an estimate since airbags deployed and possible frame damage to that right front rail. A salvage quote will fetch about $40k for the truck if not more. That plus a $30k estimate could put it over the threshold. Again, not sure what state you reside in.

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damage on truck doesn't look that bad. All fixable. Im sure the inside is a bit messy due to the airbags. Let us know what the insurance company says. You could ask them not to total it. A guy I work with had his insurance company not total his VW TDI and it worked for him

MCJEFE

Reaction score
Glad both of y'all are ok. If it helps I heard the same thing about an auto total if airbags are deployed a month ago when I was sideswiped. Not true for me so far, I'm not out of the woods yet but it's looking positive it won't be totaled. It's literally a dollar amount of damage versus the value of the vehicle. You may be ok if you want it repaired. Good luck either way!