Gen1 SCAB Flowmaster catback- $150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I'll look....6.2 flange should be the same?
Just gotta have a 3” flange yeah. I think it shares flange with several motors but I saw a 4.6 truck the other day and it looked smaller but I might be totally wrong. You could also just use your 5.4s flange and have an exhaust shop modify the exhaust to run it

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Would it really be better to swap a sc 5.4 then just a leave the 6.2? or sc 6.2?
Swapping anything recent especially ford is ridiculously hard unless you have extensive wiring knowledge and can crack these ECUs. A 6.2 with a SC can make 700 with the kit from JDM but a 5.4 has the ability to be done for a lot cheaper since used superchargers are everywhere since that motor was in mustangs. Mod motors love boost, but the coyote is always going to love it the most. If you don’t care about any of the offroad mode or hill assist in the raptor, a coyote and wiring harness from an 11-14 FX4 or something with a locker but no 4A is the best way to go.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 6.2 supercharger is really expensive when i see them go for only a couple grand for LS and Hemis as well as all other fords. If the boss ever made it in the mustang it would have been a game changer for the 6.2

around how much power can you get out of a sc 5.4?

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
A 6.2 supercharger is really expensive when i see them go for only a couple grand for LS and Hemis as well as all other fords. If the boss ever made it in the mustang it would have been a game changer for the 6.2

around how much power can you get out of a sc 5.4?
At 7lbs of boost you make like 500 on those. Then you want the beefier rods and pistons from a GT500 5.4, as well as I’d want the Detroit rocker cams because the idle is amazing. That plus 15 psi would net you a lot of power, just run ARP hardware. I’d bet that would get you into the 700 range and be far cheaper than any 6.2 SC build

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad ford never put the 5.0 in the raptor even for a year then a swap would be so much easier and the aftermarket for the coyote is to the moon

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Too bad ford never put the 5.0 in the raptor even for a year then a swap would be so much easier and the aftermarket for the coyote is to the moon
Honestly the only electrical difference between the raptor and a FX4 f150 would be the loss of offroad mode. Just get a donor truck and swap it all over I guess easier said than done though. I have a 2010 so any swap is hell because it doesn’t share with the 2010 5.4s or the 2011 6.2/5.0s. All/most of the ford modular motors are modular because they share rods or pistons or motormounts or transmission patters. A lot of mod motors will drop right into the place of other ones.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 7lbs of boost you make like 500 on those. Then you want the beefier rods and pistons from a GT500 5.4, as well as I’d want the Detroit rocker cams because the idle is amazing. That plus 15 psi would net you a lot of power, just run ARP hardware. I’d bet that would get you into the 700 range and be far cheaper than any 6.2 SC build
sounds expensive and crazy that its cheaper then a sc 6.2. it would be hard for me to go smaller