Bed Tie-Down Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll do it, they may look at you a little weird, it's just money for the dealership, I can't see them turning you away because you own a vehicle other than a Toyota. Give them a call, the worse they can tell you is no and you haven't lost anything.

Let us know what you find out and how much $ it cost.

Altonymous

Reaction score
I went by and the installer suggested I not do it. He said he could do it but the Toyota beds are reinforced to supper the rails. He felt the side walls on the Raptor were to thin and would just end up pulling out with only amlittle weight applied.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have them installed after Line-X you should be alright but I don't know how rigid Line-X is and I don't know how thick the bed walls are where you are going to mount the rails. Check with the Ford dealer then, they'll do it if they feel the it won't damage the vehicle. As far as Line-X goes I use it in place of fender flares on my Landcruiser, seems fairly rigid but I'm not pulling on it either.

Keep us posted.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Here is the set-up I am thinking of getting.

2 x 48" tracks (mount in bottom of bed)
4 x 12" tracks (mount on the inside sidewall of bed in the back)
Plus some single stud, double stud and bolt stud fittings.

track-style-l-track-with-coated-black-finish_1_175.jpg 9-single-stud-fitting-w-stainless-steel-ring_1_175.jpg 451-double-stud-fitting-w-o-ring_1_175.jpg 12270-double-stud-fitting-w-bolt-thread_1_175.jpg

This place has all of this for a reasonable price:
L Track Tie Down - Airline Track Cargo Tie Down Rails & L Track Straps

I would get it all in powder coated black. The idea would be to use the rails in the bottom to tie down camping gear, coolers, etc. I would use one pair on the sidewall for a gas can or two and then other I would use the bolt stud fittings to mount a bottle carrier for a CO2 tank. I am not too excited about drilling a bunch of holes in the bed (worried about creating a rust initiation point), but it will meet a need.

Thoughts?

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaiser,
I had that set up in a previous truck and loved it. just get the rails as long as you can to fit in the bed and you will have great flexibility for anything you want. They use a very simailar set up in C-130s and helicopters.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Ive been trying to find different ways to do this. I carry bike/quad and a bunch of stuff when i go out to the bush and was looking at the best thing i could buy for this.
I dont have my raptor yet,, hopefully this week. Is there any hooks/tie downs already installed in the bed?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to find different ways to do this. I carry bike/quad and a bunch of stuff when i go out to the bush and was looking at the best thing i could buy for this.
I dont have my raptor yet,, hopefully this week. Is there any hooks/tie downs already installed in the bed?

Yep, there is one in each corner

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Here is the set-up I am thinking of getting.

2 x 48" tracks (mount in bottom of bed)
4 x 12" tracks (mount on the inside sidewall of bed in the back)
Plus some single stud, double stud and bolt stud fittings.

track-style-l-track-with-coated-black-finish_1_175.jpg 9-single-stud-fitting-w-stainless-steel-ring_1_175.jpg 451-double-stud-fitting-w-o-ring_1_175.jpg 12270-double-stud-fitting-w-bolt-thread_1_175.jpg

This place has all of this for a reasonable price:
L Track Tie Down - Airline Track Cargo Tie Down Rails & L Track Straps

I would get it all in powder coated black. The idea would be to use the rails in the bottom to tie down camping gear, coolers, etc. I would use one pair on the sidewall for a gas can or two and then other I would use the bolt stud fittings to mount a bottle carrier for a CO2 tank. I am not too excited about drilling a bunch of holes in the bed (worried about creating a rust initiation point), but it will meet a need.

Thoughts?

I am pretty sure the core-trax system uses the exact same mounts, I bought some of the L-Channel stuff to see if its compatible.