xBX Blue Flame Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xbx...

Very nice rig... A couple Q's... Are you running the winch off one of the Aux switches?... What wiring route did you use for the cutout?... (i.e. how did you hook it up?)

THX

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xbx...

Very nice rig... A couple Q's... Are you running the winch off one of the Aux switches?... What wiring route did you use for the cutout?... (i.e. how did you hook it up?)

THX

Winch- No, I have it hooked directly to the battery. Its always live with power. Not sure if its going to drain the battery or what. When i get a minute Im going to get the switch that allows for an ON/OFF button and wire that into an AUX. Warn makes one. I can link it if youd like.

Cutout- I didnt wire it myself but basically they installed it and then tapped one of the wire near the battery that has power to it. Spliced that and ran the switch under my steering wheel. Its completely hidden and its pretty stealthy.

I know a few guys were working on/ looking into wiring the exhaust cutout into an AUX problem is that the AUX works like an ON/OFF switch not an OPEN/CLOSE one... Not sure where they got with that.

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BedRug- done.
My cover doesn't come till Wednesday. Hope the BedRug will hold up will then cause it's raining like a **** out here.

Also the Top Perch mos.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311635669.512191.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311635669.512191.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311635690.226755.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311635690.226755.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 82

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you wire your winch into an Aux switch yet? I tried to do that with mine, and I kept blowing the fuse. So now it is hard wired to the battery. If your successful, please let me know. I like the idea of being able to power it of.

Also, you should think about flanking it with someone Whelen lights. I am really pleased with mine.

Joe

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you pay and where did you get the bed rug?

I believe I used a supporting vendor, but it was around $400. It is the bedrug including the tailgate step

Did you wire your winch into an Aux switch yet? I tried to do that with mine, and I kept blowing the fuse. So now it is hard wired to the battery. If your successful, please let me know. I like the idea of being able to power it of.

Also, you should think about flanking it with someone Whelen lights. I am really pleased with mine.

Joe

I never wired the winch to the AUX switch simply because it doesn't drain that much power. The issue with a winch is that as the load weight increases, it draws more amps... Using an AUX switch would be possible if the fuse was large enough but honestly it might be electrically dangerous... For example, based on the Warn website, Series 12 winch with a line load of 10,000 lbs is 370 amps (12v) compared to a line load of 10,000 lbs with amp draw of 226 (24v) ... The reason you keep blowing fuses is because 1 and 2 are only rated at 30 amps... If you were to get a fuse to cover these I guess it would work...

Look at car audio fuse's they would come in high amp ratings and be pretty durable as audio works a similar way... Higher volume yields more power and thus higher amp draw.

Hope that helps.