WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big blue email that to me please [email protected]

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

To hell with the tonneau cover & the tail gate... I'm down for a race rack! :upyours:

That's right! WSI is the only company offering a race rack, that's because WSI is in front leading the pack while everyone else has Chase racks!

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the possible lawn dart video...

Kelly's Jump on the Land Rush 1000 Oct '12 - YouTube

Even though Kelly fractured his L2 vertebra on this jump. He is in high spirits and expected to make a full recovery in 6-8 weeks.

480 miles in snow/ice toootally different then speeding across the desert..
-Greg

Look up DCM motorsports by 4x4doug has the Dutch layover

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I no issues with the fact that you like to do "high speed desert racing" but not everyone has the funds or time off to drive or ship there truck 2000 miles so we have to make do. We all know that during the landrush you guys did 500 miles a day. That's awesome and sounds like a great time.

As far as the cell phone lack of cell phone coverage is alway an issue but minor issue that we can/have figured out how to deal with.

As far as safety, I would argue this will be one of the safest raptor runs. Why? Stock trucks are prerunning it on roads that I have traveled many many times.. Also a damn near a stock truck is setting the pace. Not a long travel raptor or two, leaving stock owners thinking that they can keep up.. while I can't control everything like amount of snow etc, I do control what roads we take and how fast the group is traveling. I am shooting for a 0% incident rate during this run.

I invite you again to sign up and experience Michigan's upper peninsula in January.

As far as communication, I have given you my feelings on the issue. Do what you want.

Conner has a long travel, Rick (SPRSNK) also. Conner leads the pack at a slower pace to keep all the other trucks from going too fast. On this trip Conner led, with his wife and 6 year old son and a reporter from truckin magazine. So your accusations are far off, Ricks truck was in complete the run mode as there were only repairs done to the truck not a complete rebuild.
Conner paces the pack so dust is not a problem, drivers drive at their pace and to the ability of how modified their trucks are. Conner keeps in contact with the complete group to make sure the group stays together and that if anything comes up help will be close by. Conner always shoots for no incident rate but when big boys with 400 hp toys have an open desert he cannot control everyones foot pedal. When something does break the Raptor Expeditions team is there to fix it.

No I will not attend this event as I am stepping up my desert game. My love for going fast off road outweighs playing in the snow with winches. I do love how those northern girls talk but there are plenty of girls in Vegas !:party28:

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I was on the landrush..Period.. there was a injury, and between that and breakdowns it ran late sunday night. When doing anything in life other than sitting on the couch there is risk. The big thing is drivers should never drive over there head..Period.. If its on the desert, sand dunes, snow, road course race track etc. it doesn't matter. I drove my truck from northern wi out to the landrush, drove it in it, and drove it home. Drivers must be sharp and aware at all times. I called it quits along with a few others at the start of the last leg sunday night and took the road back. It was getting late and i was not going to risk myself or my truck because I was less than sharp due to running late. Common sense and knowing yourself is key and don't make unsafe decisions. Lets all just plan on having a very fun and safe trip by exercising common sense.

I think you got a sense of how hard headed Dutch is, talkin hard time and zulu hours. He was out to push himself and the truck, his co-driver was very new to all of this, watch the post layover utube video by 4x4doug.
I spent time with him on monday, Chris is a Great guy. He has been bitten by the go fast off road bug, it was a simple little misjudgement call. It can happen in the desert or UP in the snow.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So heres the deal. I think you should spend more of your time not in this thread. While we all welcome your advice, now its getting a bit over the top.:banghead:

No one shows up in any of the events you attend and starts shit like this so please try to do the same.

I wish you luck in stepping up your Desert game.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
moving on....

Unfortunately the rack that Big Blue is thinking of is the complete opposite of the direction we were going. We were looking for the tire in the back of the bed and the front usable for the luggage since we will most likely have a 2 others in our pit crew.

I know Jimmy(WSI) can make anything our little hearts desire, but maybe not in time for the Snowball.

So.... Joe is still going to help with the designing if you need his engineering magnificence, but I think we may go with something like this for this run
DSC_2785.jpg
and bother WSI for our back bed under the tonneau rack before TRR. :893karatesmiley-thu Here is the link to some guy with a Taco that went this route.
Extra D-Ring mod - Tacoma World Forums
Should work well enough to keep the tire down.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
moving on....

Unfortunately the rack that Big Blue is thinking of is the complete opposite of the direction we were going. We were looking for the tire in the back of the bed and the front usable for the luggage since we will most likely have a 2 others in our pit crew.

I know Jimmy(WSI) can make anything our little hearts desire, but maybe not in time for the Snowball.

So.... Joe is still going to help with the designing if you need his engineering magnificence, but I think we may go with something like this for this run
DSC_2785.jpg
and bother WSI for our back bed under the tonneau rack before TRR. :893karatesmiley-thu Here is the link to some guy with a Taco that went this route.
Extra D-Ring mod - Tacoma World Forums
Should work well enough to keep the tire down.

The only issue is securely holding the tire down...i had d rings and ratchet straps holding my large action packer down. It did come lose several times during TRR. Granted snoball and TRR are two different animals.

-Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL