"Would You Buy This Ford Raptor?" (Article)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Would You Buy This Ford Raptor?

"TFLtruck recently received an email from a reader who is trying to decide between purchasing this 2010 Ford Raptor from a friend or getting the new 2017 model when it comes out.

His email reads,

“So my buddy has a 2010 ford raptor for sale. He wants 22K for the rig. It has 133,134 miles on it. He did have the 100K service done @ the ford dealer too the vehicle. He also put new tires on it which are 500 a piece and he replaced the fox shocks with King 3.0’s. He also has the ADD front and rear bumper plus the side steps, and it even has a light bar. It’s obviously not in pristine condition, but has been well taken care of. So my question for you guys is how much longer do you guys think the engine and tranny will hold up on that rig? Is it worth me buying it, or should I just wait for the 2017 raptor? Right now I drive a 2013 Tacoma trd sport that has 55,555 miles on it. Also my credit bureau does offer a 36,000 miles warranty for I believe 1,500. So should I wait another year or more for the new raptor, or buy my friends truck which he has owned since new?”

Check out the pictures and let us know what you think… should he go for the used one with over 133k miles on it or wait for the new one? Please leave your advice in the comments section."

2010-Ford-Raptor-1-e1447450691836.jpg

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can anyone answer that question? I would not finance a vehicle with 100 thousand miles on it ever. With that said it does look like a nice truck, and the price seems reasonable. If it was me and it was my main vehicle then I would wait till the 17s come out. They will get better MPG and be a new vehicle under new warranty.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats not a bad price at all. Bang for buck I'd go with the clapped out 2010 - not even close. LOTS of $ room for making a serious rig out of it.

Get it for 20k cash and start tearing it down.

edit:

Trick_Raptor: Santa Maria? I grew up in Atascadero, I miss it out there.

Last edited: