Why does my truck shift in third?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone knowledgeable of how our ten speeds work who can explain? @FordTechOne ?

In third gear the rpms will always fall a tad a split second before rising again under acceleration, it feels like a mini shift but truck says it’s still in 3. Done this since truck was new and everything works flawlessly. This was mostly to satisfy my curiosity. Thoughts?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have been here since 2019 and still haven't figured out the search function yet? This is a known issue of the 10 speed programming from Ford. Get the Goosetuned TCM.
tbf the search function here kinda blows.

Been trying to find a few things and its been fun

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
You have been here since 2019 and still haven't figured out the search function yet? This is a known issue of the 10 speed programming from Ford. Get the Goosetuned TCM.
The search engine sucks ass, it’s the slowest way to find anything here. It have you tried it? You push it like you get paid for it, and while I’m at it you response sucks too, you took the time to respond but gave no information. It seems like you just like to post to get your numbers up. How about you just help people while you are getting your post count up.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
The search engine sucks ass, it’s the slowest way to find anything here. It have you tried it? You push it like you get paid for it, and while I’m at it you response sucks too, you took the time to respond but gave no information. It seems like you just like to post to get your numbers up. How about you just help people while you are getting your post count up.

Please fill this out or go throw a tantrum elsewhere.
1701789048269.png

Thanks @LayinWatts69 i havent seen one of these since i was in the service ahahaha

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol relax it’s only Tues. I’m running the goose juice and it does the same thing before and after tune. This is something else.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A hesitation on the 3-4 shift when cold is a normal characteristic. The F clutch apply circuit drains down after a cold soak, so it takes a second to refill when it is applied to engage 4th gear. The F clutch is also applied in Reverse, so if you engage reverse for a few seconds it will prefill the apply circuit and minimize the 3-4 hesitation.