Why 700hp instead of 705hp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now I’m totally confused- wasn’t trying to be a ****, as you can tell I researched this pretty heavily already - I have a close friend who’s a MOPAR no car guy & while I’ve always been a GM leaning guy, am on my 2nd Raptor. My buddy was contemplating trading out his ‘17 Ram + Yamaha cruiser + cash for a TRX as a hobby/toy/weekend vehicle (he DDs a diesel VW Jetta w/ stickshift so that helps justify the terrible TRX mpgs lol) & we got into it last week ironically about the pros/cons of the TRX & I was saying the same stuff I am now in regards to weight. If that’s what the scale said for ya that’s what it said- but you can see how it’s confusing given what other outlets/reviewers/journalists etc have shown.

Just odd in general

All that being said- A gen2 or gen3 ttV6 raptor will be superior offroad to a TRX so assume the RaptoR will be better as well. TRX has upper hand on road in some ways. People complain about price on all of em, but as I’ve said compared to anything else of decent size w/ that kinda power levels you’re looking mostly at souped up Euro SUVs that don’t have anywhere near the capability of these super offroad trucks, ride rougher on road, many basically CANT go offroad, & cost the same or much more.

I’d much rather have a TRX than a lambo Urus….& I’ve driven both
I had a Chevy Volt before my TRX and almost kept it to compensate for my shit mileage in the TRX but I just said eff it and sold the Volt too haha. I've owned four Dodges/Rams, a Ford, and a couple Chevy's but I tend to be a Mopar guy. I always loved the Raptors but couldn't get past the sound and just told myself I'll wait until a truck that ticks all the boxes comes out, hence my TRX.

Idk about the weight difference, it really is confusing and the only thing that would make sense is those rock rails. I've heard they are really heavy and are actually functional to support the truck's weight. I can tell you, regardless of how much the variance is, you do feel it in the dirt. I have almost 1,000 miles of desert time in my TRX and the weight is definitely there but it's surprisingly nimble if you are able to leverage the power. This is especially true exiting any turns. From my experience, a gen2 is just behind the TRX while a gen3 is just ahead in terms of offroad capability. The rear ends on the TRX and gen3 do some magical stuff to compensate for these pigs. The sad part is 99% of all Raptors, TRXs, etc will never see dirt or be used to even 70% of their potential and I am just really blessed to have a 700hp offroad toy to abuse.

I'm really hoping for a 3.0+ shock package for the TRX, or I find a Raptor R at MSRP. Either one would motivate me to sell my current truck because of the way I use it. If I were smart, and not saying I am, I would be ok with the limitations of my TRX or a Raptor and just by a SXS that I can really beat on.

I've never driven a Urus but really want to!

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would be into is this:

Raptor L (lightweight)
SCAB
EXOTIC LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME
CURRENT V6 OR GT V6
NO BACKSEAT OR THE OPTION
NO ELECTRONIC GIZMOS EXCEPT AC AND DRIVETRAIN AND/OR SUSPENSION ENHANCEMENTS
YES WE NEED THE FANCY EXTERIOR LIGHTING AS WELL AS OPTIONAL TRAIL LIGHTING
OPTIONAL ARMOR SELECTIONS
HIGHER GRADE SUSPENSION LIKE 3.0 OR KING ETC
EXOTIC LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS AND 35 OR 37 OPTION
SERIOUS BRAKES
SERIOUS LW IMPROVEMENTS SUCH AS NO SOUND DEADENING OR ELECTRIC WINDOWS ETC.
SHOOT FOR WEIGHT IN THE 4500 LB RANGE 500 PLUS HP AND LET IT EAT!

Now do I have any idea what this would cost? Hell no, but it would be awesome. And not yelling just wanted to make it easier to read bullet points. I can dream.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would be into is this:

Raptor L (lightweight)
SCAB
EXOTIC LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME
CURRENT V6 OR GT V6
NO BACKSEAT OR THE OPTION
NO ELECTRONIC GIZMOS EXCEPT AC AND DRIVETRAIN AND/OR SUSPENSION ENHANCEMENTS
YES WE NEED THE FANCY EXTERIOR LIGHTING AS WELL AS OPTIONAL TRAIL LIGHTING
OPTIONAL ARMOR SELECTIONS
HIGHER GRADE SUSPENSION LIKE 3.0 OR KING ETC
EXOTIC LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS AND 35 OR 37 OPTION
SERIOUS BRAKES
SERIOUS LW IMPROVEMENTS SUCH AS NO SOUND DEADENING OR ELECTRIC WINDOWS ETC.
SHOOT FOR WEIGHT IN THE 4500 LB RANGE 500 PLUS HP AND LET IT EAT!

Now do I have any idea what this would cost? Hell no, but it would be awesome. And not yelling just wanted to make it easier to read bullet points. I can dream.
Sounds like you should order a luxury prerunner! Anywhere from $100k-750k depending on how far you want to take it.