Who's still waiting for their '14? Post up so we can see who is still waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he say anything about the orders picking up now? And the wait being a lit less?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

He did not but I did not ask about that given I was picking up. I simply asked if he was still able to push orders through and he said yes but with the requisites above.

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like my (1/9) order didn't get pulled this week.

Texted my sales guy about allocation (as in does he have any) and got a text back that the Ford Rep was there yesterday and assured him that all orders would be process. So I texted him back that this was great news, but didn't answer my question about allocation. He texted back, no allocation for "stock orders". !? (are we having fun yet).....So I asked what that meant and...you guessed it....it means that he has no allocation for orders they place for their stock (on the lot or in the showroom). I kind of figured that out. At this point I just let it go.

Does anyone know, is there more than one allocation (stock, retail orders and fleet maybe) for dealerships?

gambita

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My salesman ,Doug , from **** smith ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Texted my sales guy about allocation (as in does he have any) and got a text back that the Ford Rep was there yesterday and assured him that all orders would be process. So I texted him back that this was great news, but didn't answer my question about allocation. He texted back, no allocation for "stock orders". !? (are we having fun yet).....So I asked what that meant and...you guessed it....it means that he has no allocation for orders they place for their stock (on the lot or in the showroom). I kind of figured that out. At this point I just let it go.

Does anyone know, is there more than one allocation (stock, retail orders and fleet maybe) for dealerships?

Wow someone that ordered the same time as me with no build, that makes me feel alot better now [not really] wish i could talk to my dealer the guy is such a **** and if and when i do get this truck u can bet this dealer will get all fssss on his report card.

salty545

Reaction score

I have talked to some long time Ford people, and to oversimplify it;, things are getting tight, and the dealers with muscle, and the dealers that have the best relationship with the Motor CO are getting allocation. Others are questionable. Makes sense, reward the ones that play nice and add value. These dealers have the opportunity to make a rare 10-20% mark up on the Raptor. This rarely happens in the cut throat auto sales bus. Not necessarily fair for the consumer though, especially if you are in a rural area without many options. I will be traveling 500 miles to get mine. (Hopefully)

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have talked to some long time Ford people, and to oversimplify it;, things are getting tight, and the dealers with muscle, and the dealers that have the best relationship with the Motor CO are getting allocation. Others are questionable. Makes sense, reward the ones that play nice and add value. These dealers have the opportunity to make a rare 10-20% mark up on the Raptor. This rarely happens in the cut throat auto sales bus. Not necessarily fair for the consumer though, especially if you are in a rural area without many options. I will be traveling 500 miles to get mine. (Hopefully)

This i why i am 3 months out and no build date $400 over invoice. Makes sense to me.

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow someone that ordered the same time as me with no build, that makes me feel alot better now [not really] wish i could talk to my dealer the guy is such a **** and if and when i do get this truck u can bet this dealer will get all fssss on his report card.

so, nh, don't hate me too much but I jumped on this order two weeks ago when another person backed out (maybe got tired of waiting). So I haven't experienced the pain you clearly have. I was hoping to be spared the roller coaster ride that I am reading about so much here. For what it's worth, I hope you get good news soon!

Fortunately, my sales person seems like a good guy and I got a great deal, if I get the truck.....

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, nh, don't hate me too much but I jumped on this order two weeks ago when another person backed out (maybe got tired of waiting). So I haven't experienced the pain you clearly have. I was hoping to be spared the roller coaster ride that I am reading about so much here. For what it's worth, I hope you get good news soon!

Fortunately, my sales person seems like a good guy and I got a great deal, if I get the truck.....

Thanks im going to give it a bit longer and see what goes down????

salty545

Reaction score
Thanks im going to give it a bit longer and see what goes down????

NH, I am sure you are already on this, so don't take this wrong. Just reinforcing...just be reasonable with them....not a pushover and not an ass, just ask them to deliver in a reasonable manner. These are big big company folks and they follow a scripted playbook, so sometimes it helps to speak their language. (even though it hurts for common sense aficionados) What seems crazy to us may just be noise to them. Good luck damn it!

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is in line with what I heard. No stock orders only customer orders. Yes there are those trying to work their way around that and the Regional reps are there for an extra level of policing.