Who's happy with their cordless ratchet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just recently went through this. Got the dewalt 1/2" hog ring (not detent pin), 3/8" impact wrenches and 5Ah batteries. I rotate my own tires and do most work in my driveway. I'd say it's a toss up between Milwaukee and Dewalt. I went with dewalt because it was on sale during the holidays.

I am 9.5/10 satisfied with Dewalt. I have an 80 gal air compressor and pneumatic impact wrenches that have much more power, but the ability to bring the portable ones outside of the garage like when a girlfriend calls with a flat tire on the side of the road or taking them on the trail in case there is an issue....

The 3/8" drive is really only for light weight jobs so I would get the 1/2" drive for sure. No one seems to mention having to purchase impact sockets which are a must with an impact wrench. A set of deep and shallow 1/2" and 3/8" ran me about $140 at Harbor Freight. Sure I'd love some more snap on sets but really at this point its a hobby and small mechanic jobs. It's just not needed right away. Make sure to buy a set of extensions too especially Wobble Extensions. They are a life saver!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'd consider getting one after having the previous three already then. The usefulness
of the cordless ratchet is too limited.

having said that this is the smart move:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQS465R/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

why invest in a cordless ratchet by itself that has very limited uses when you can buy an attachment for a far more useful tool at a cheap price??

Those “limited uses” can’t be replicated with impact wrenches, drivers or that bulky device you posted.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run DeWalt 20v Lithium Max Brushless. They've worked for me in 99% of cases. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably buy Milwaukee.

Also, thinking of adding some of the IR high torque tools to the lineup for those special use cases. 1 ton truck suspension can prove to be a bit much for some of the DeWalt stuff.

obz

Reaction score
Love my Milwaukee ratchet. I actually just picked it up and lowered one of my other cars and boy it made things go fast... and what's better, no sore wrists.

Rosorbetw

Reaction score
I use a ONEVAN 1/2'' cordless ratchet wrench and i'm happy with it. The build quality is solid, and it has plenty of power to handle lug nuts without any issues. The brushless motor provides efficient performance and long battery life, and the ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use for extended periods. Overall, I'm very pleased with its performance and reliability.

Last edited: