White Knuckle Offroad Bolt-on Sliders for Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For screws Rocky Road Outfitters makes a great rock slider. They are out of Utah. But for scabs Westcott Designs out of Phoenix AZ just got done prototypeing one wirh me that is awesome!!! Jeff Westcott the owner is great to work with and they use laser cut panels rather than heavy diamond plate.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe KHC makes slider for the Gen2 as well but I'd have to take another look at them as these maybe more effective with that rear kickout flare.
I think they said they weren't continuing their sliders any more...I might have that wrong.

That led me to look elsewhere and I really like how these use the 3 sets of cab bolts. They claim they'll hold up the truck.. maybe a slow, static lift using forklift forks in 2 locations on the slider. A drop down hit as often happens... I am not so sure. Of course they'll be waaaaaaay more robust than the OEM steps, but at a 100 lb weight penalty you'd want them to work as intended on game day.

https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-raptor-rock-sliders.html

I'm in a personal slider hell. I don't need them often, but in the tighter trails here in BC, road washouts etc. they would come in really handy once in a while. A local metal fab guy does great work and will do weld ons. Stout, and I know they'll work. Heavy, but frame welding.

The rocky roads look great. Weight penalty and still a chance of stoving in the cab.

There are light sliders that will handle incidental grinding and impacts better than oem steps, but won't handle the weight of the truck from what I can tell. Various configurations of bolting to the frame and/or cab and the risk is they either require drilling into the frame or a sandwich of it and both could be a point of failure, rust, buckling etc.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For screws Rocky Road Outfitters makes a great rock slider. They are out of Utah. But for scabs Westcott Designs out of Phoenix AZ just got done prototypeing one wirh me that is awesome!!! Jeff Westcott the owner is great to work with and they use laser cut panels rather than heavy diamond plate.

Cool re Westcott. Frame weld? Square stock for the main part and round for the outer? I've been geeking out on slider design/considerations... look forward to seeing what you guys came up with.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good on the outside, want to know about functioning. Loke you said, we need them, but not often.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they said they weren't continuing their sliders any more...I might have that wrong.

That led me to look elsewhere and I really like how these use the 3 sets of cab bolts. They claim they'll hold up the truck.. maybe a slow, static lift using forklift forks in 2 locations on the slider. A drop down hit as often happens... I am not so sure. Of course they'll be waaaaaaay more robust than the OEM steps, but at a 100 lb weight penalty you'd want them to work as intended on game day.

https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-raptor-rock-sliders.html

I'm in a personal slider hell. I don't need them often, but in the tighter trails here in BC, road washouts etc. they would come in really handy once in a while. A local metal fab guy does great work and will do weld ons. Stout, and I know they'll work. Heavy, but frame welding.

The rocky roads look great. Weight penalty and still a chance of stoving in the cab.

There are light sliders that will handle incidental grinding and impacts better than oem steps, but won't handle the weight of the truck from what I can tell. Various configurations of bolting to the frame and/or cab and the risk is they either require drilling into the frame or a sandwich of it and both could be a point of failure, rust, buckling etc.
I believe it might be discontinued. I have one of the few they ever made. Not enough demand.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding Westcott. Slider mounts to body in stock locations. Tougher than you'd think. See demo by ADD picking up side of vehicle with forklift. Last I heard from them almost a year ago all their sliders bolt on factory locations only-no welding. The mounts Westcott makes are very similar to Rocky Roads and they contour to the body where it curves transferring a lot of the sheer load to tension. Yes the main rails are square 2" steel and the sides are 2" DOM. They put top plates on too.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pics?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rocky road’s, I’m happy, more clearance, reasonable strength

Attachments

• 08C74B39-837B-4BA2-853D-8F87F3F678CC.jpeg
    08C74B39-837B-4BA2-853D-8F87F3F678CC.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 9AF658DB-405B-4585-8160-D21F163DEA81.jpeg
    9AF658DB-405B-4585-8160-D21F163DEA81.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 49

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Based on my experience, you would need to come down on something pretty hard to apply that much force. Most often, sliders will come into contact with an object (Rock) at slow speed and allow the truck to "slide" over or around the object. There are some videos on their website showing RAM trucks dropping off of ledges, so I feel confident that they will hold up to any punishment I'm able to dole out!
Hey - just confirming they use 3 attachment points to the body.

They look great btw.

Did you go with the thicker steel option?

thx.