GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and my previous answer assumes your brother's new purchase has the Whipple Stage 1 kit for 2017-2019 Raptors which is what this thread is about.

thanks for the replies, il let him know. these trucks can take e85 but not more than 50 percent mix with 91 but i have the tune for that which makes the difference , the 91 map feels alot less powerfull. but i beleive its stage 1 i didnt know theres different stages, as you said it comes with their own intercooler and airbox i was curious how it was tuned since most of the tunes need a tool or software to be able to do it. but i got the point hes going to have to get used to it lol and get updates whenever they come out.

thank you

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems to me that this is just a intake and intercooler upgrade plus the software tune from whipple, cant you retune it with different software like mpt or others ,while keeping the whipple intercooler and airbox ? or retune to stock and then load a tune from another tuner? if anyone knows the answer to it that would be lovely

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you can override the whipple tune with another custom tune , the problem is with whipple tune, you have forever lost your original stock tune. Some say you can send your ecm to them and they put you original stock tune in . But I don’t believe it

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems to me that this is just a intake and intercooler upgrade plus the software tune from whipple, cant you retune it with different software like mpt or others ,while keeping the whipple intercooler and airbox ? or retune to stock and then load a tune from another tuner? if anyone knows the answer to it that would be lovely

1. There is currently no Whipple Stage 2. When I spoke to them about a year ago they had nothing in the works for a Stage 2, and no plans to do so. I would say that Stage 2 is upgraded turbos and it seems Whipple knows that you can't really throw much more boost at this 3.5 without having an engine rebuilt to handle it.

2. If you want to switch to MPT or any other custom tuner, you will have to get the truck back to stock first. With a Whipple Stage 1 tune, your Ford dealer can't even update the truck with Ford standard issue updates that are tied to the VIN (you have to get these through/from Whipple). If you go that route, keep us posted on what is involved in the process of getting back to stock. I may end up with an MPT tune down the road, but sitting tight with Whipple Stage 1, because I run the truck hard and it is a pretty "safe" tune in my opinion.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And, yes, you are correct. you could definitely use the Whipple bolt ons (CAI, upgraded intercooler) with another tuner. but as mentioned, the tricky part is getting the PCM flashed back to stock before getting any other custom tunes.

Xcommie

Reaction score
1. There is currently no Whipple Stage 2. When I spoke to them about a year ago they nothing in the works for a Stage 2, and no plans to do so. I would say that Stage 2 is upgraded turbos and it seems Whipple knows that you can't really throw much more boost that this 3.5 without having an engine rebuilt to handle it.

2. If you want to switch to MPT or any other custom tuner, you will have to get the truck back to stock first. With a Whipple Stage 1 tune, your Ford dealer can't even update the truck with Ford standard issue updates that are tied to the VIN. If you go that route to keep us posted on what is involved in the process of getting back to stock. I may end up with an MPT tune down the road, but sitting tight with Whipple Stage 1, because I run the truck hard and it is a pretty "safe" tune in my opinion.
Yea. I'll see what I can do. I'm a bit disappointed with the Whipple power output. I like to use and have the power. Coming from a tuned and moded Cummins I really miss the torque and responsiveness that I had before. Driving my brother's raptor with his tune and e85, really makes me feel like I'm not using mine to it's full potential. Lol. My ****** in attachment for example of my abuse, had to rebuild the tranny from my prior harassment. The raptor should hold out though. Lolhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ccc9f2bd6643/Snapchat-385621056.mp4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Whipple tune in my 2017. It’s probably the most reliable tune The problem is if you want to go back to stock it’s going to be a real problem. Their reasoning is they don’t want you going back-and-forth because it’s hard on your computer. So if you don’t have a problem with that then I would go with the Whipple tune. Other than that Ford is going to know no matter what tune you put in or what you do Ford’s going to know so just keep that in mind before you tune.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, yes, you are correct. you could definitely use the Whipple bolt ons (CAI, upgraded intercooler) with another tuner. but as mentioned, the tricky part is getting the PCM flashed back to stock before getting any other custom tunes.

thanks for the info, thats news to me. def sucks that they dont save the stock file like you do with the n guage.