GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grizlbits

Reaction score
My feedback now that I have some miles on the stage 1:

1. No more need for sport mode in normal driving. The throttle by wire was so slow to react and peeved me off that I always ran in sport mode. It is now way, way better in normal mode and I rarely switch to sport mode unless I feel like ******** around and doing burners (see #2).
2. I don't know exactly how much faster it is, but sport mode, TC off will leave patches of rubber on the asphalt way longer, and way easier. It must be faster :biggrin:
3. Driveablity seems much smoother to me. Even my wife commented when she drove it that she seems to shift way better.
4. Mileage is about the same unless you're on it all the time.
5. I do notice a little tire squeal when leaving a stop sign and turning at the same time under normal mode, normal throttle, TC on. It did not used to do that. I consider this a good thing.

The install was easy. I have had zero issues (no codes, bad shifts or stumbles). It just plain runs better with more power. Win win. Your results may vary.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My feedback now that I have some miles on the stage 1:

1. No more need for sport mode in normal driving. The throttle by wire was so slow to react and peeved me off that I always ran in sport mode. It is now way, way better in normal mode and I rarely switch to sport mode unless I feel like ******** around and doing burners (see #2).

2. I don't know exactly how much faster it is, but sport mode, TC off will leave patches of rubber on the asphalt way longer, and way easier. It must be faster :biggrin:

3. Driveablity seems much smoother to me. Even my wife commented when she drove it that she seems to shift way better.

4. Mileage is about the same unless you're on it all the time.

5. I do notice a little tire squeal when leaving a stop sign and turning at the same time under normal mode, normal throttle, TC on. It did not used to do that. I consider this a good thing.

The install was easy. I have had zero issues (no codes, bad shifts or stumbles). It just plain runs better with more power. Win win. Your results may vary.

Sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had just the intercooler and CAI installed weeks ago. Finally go the ecu done this week. First day, it was rainy and couldn't get traction to test the power. Since then I have and it is a big difference. In sport its more of a difference but can't figure out the trans. At times it feels smoother and other times it feels harsher. Also, I was running 87 or 89 octane before the tune, so maybe that affected the shifting smoothness before the tune also. Anyway, still getting used to it but for the money its a big difference and glad I did it. Driving around town is much easier with the added power.

I never understood running 87/89 octane on any vehicle that requires premium...never mind a boosted engine...never mind on a truck that costs what these cost.

The loss of MPG and efficiency negate any savings at the pump.

I hope switching to 91/93 fixed your shifting smoothness.

vladi

Reaction score
I never understood running 87/89 octane on any vehicle that requires premium...never mind a boosted engine...never mind on a truck that costs what these cost.

The loss of MPG and efficiency negate any savings at the pump.

I hope switching to 91/93 fixed your shifting smoothness.

If you ever go to Mexico or in the middle of the desert in southern California you sometimes do not have access to Tier 1 fuel. With how thirsty this truck is in Baja mode you need a Tier 1 fuel tanker behind you to keep it happy. Which is why I think so many people bring octane boosters during the races in baja.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever go to Mexico or in the middle of the desert in southern California you sometimes do not have access to Tier 1 fuel. With how thirsty this truck is in Baja mode you need a Tier 1 fuel tanker behind you to keep it happy. Which is why I think so many people bring octane boosters during the races in baja.

That I can totally see...but unless I missed it, he was not in the Baja...just using 87/89 octane on a regular basis...if I missed that, than my bad.

TMart

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great feedback. I'm seriously considering the Whipple Stage 1 Kit. Can anyone share any experience with how the tune affects weather mode? I drive between Cleveland and Buffalo a fair amount in the winter and don't want to sacrifice that mode in any way. Thanks!

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waited till I hit 3,000 miles to install mine, so it is finally going on. I'll post back with a review in the next couple of days. Looking forward to the extra horsepower! The only other add on I have is the Borla ATAK. I'm curious if the sound will change with the new airflow moving through.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great feedback. I'm seriously considering the Whipple Stage 1 Kit. Can anyone share any experience with how the tune affects weather mode? I drive between Cleveland and Buffalo a fair amount in the winter and don't want to sacrifice that mode in any way. Thanks!

Haven't noticed any big changes in weather mode to be honest....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk