GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got over 3500 miles on my tune so far and it’s running great. The only thing I MIGHT be getting is a slight detonation under pedal to the metal situations. I am going to do a data log on it and send it to Whipple . It would help if I had an instruction manual how to work the Tomahawk through all its functions . It’s a trial and error thing which makes it difficult and frustrating.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got over 3500 miles on my tune so far and it’s running great. The only thing I MIGHT be getting is a slight detonation under pedal to the metal situations. I am going to do a data log on it and send it to Whipple . It would help if I had an instruction manual how to work the Tomahawk through all its functions . It’s a trial and error thing which makes it difficult and frustrating.

Whats it doing that you suspect possible detonation?

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you be able to write out the steps to doing a data log?
It’s all guess work, until whipple puts out a manual . I’m experimenting, push the button and cross your fingers LOL

Last edited:

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to data display , then capture disabled, push start button,on the device, go for a hot run , push return button when done. Worked for me! And by the way mine showed knock . I don’t know what the limit is , had a range of 0.5 to 4.0 waiting for a reply from whipple!

Last edited:

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have about 1k miles now with the Whipple tune and I was trying to pinpoint when the shifts seem a bit abnormal. It seems to be when I am light on the throttle and it doesn't skip 4. When it goes from 3 to 4, it just seems really delayed and almost shudders. Anyone else experience this?

Torquemonster

Reaction score
Preferred Vendor

Hey guys, since whipple gives a discount to their dealers and it's at least $100 cheaper than with them directly, does anyone have a recommendation on a vendor? I'm coming from the muscle car scene so not familiar with a lot of the truck guys- any preferred spots or places to avoid to pick this up?

Thanks!

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your in socal try Ken Groudy ford , their custom shop . They also do the install.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I’ll say I do love my whipple tune but ran into an issue asking for a stock tune .. they originally told me had to get it from
Ford performance would be 48hrs.... this turned into a week then two weeks then was told ford performance will only give out the stock tune if trying to diagnose an issue so there’s that so just be warned ....

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a whammy.

I’m surprised because whipple personally posted the contrary on here awhile back.

Ok so I’ll say I do love my whipple tune but ran into an issue asking for a stock tune .. they originally told me had to get it from
Ford performance would be 48hrs.... this turned into a week then two weeks then was told ford performance will only give out the stock tune if trying to diagnose an issue so there’s that so just be warned ....