How To Whelen Vertex Rear Facing Ambers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I gotta ask, why the cab and not above the tail lights or in the tail gate?

To me highest spot isn't always best, but I don't deal with the same conditions as you might

I originally was going to put them above the tail lights. I decided against it for a few reasons. One, that is a lot more wiring and installation. Two, I wanted these as high as possible on the vehicle. From my experience dust and snow is the most dense at the lower levels because that is where the vehicle is kicking it up. There isn't as much for the light to have to cut through the further up you go meaning that you are more likely to be seen and at further distances.

tube this is Wilson dammit

Lmao. Thank you for reminding me.

Added some night shots to the OP.

8082-a.jpg

8083-a.jpg

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So did you take fair of that or is it going to short out at some point?

It shouldn't short out. I'm not sure what metal tube on the brake light that you're referring to. There is some plastic wire loom on it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That could be that it's plastic.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

8053-a.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It's just I have farm machinery that if you don't protect wires hoses they wear holes going threw spots like that.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That could be that it's plastic.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

8053-a.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It's just I have farm machinery that if you don't protect wires hoses they wear holes going threw spots like that.

The wiring for the lights is pretty thick and there's no tension or pressure on the wire so it should be alright.

Nicely done looks good. where you get the lights?

I got mine off eBay for killer deal. A couple other members have purchased them through jimmy at wsi though.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hopefully and more than likely it will be fine but that would be the first place to look. All it would take is some tape around the hole. Maybe it is smooth and all will be fine I probably shouldn't have even said anything. This is an awesome mod...

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hopefully and more than likely it will be fine but that would be the first place to look. All it would take is some tape around the hole. Maybe it is smooth and all will be fine I probably shouldn't have even said anything. This is an awesome mod...

Lol. Def a good point. Nothing wrong with taking precautions.