wheel offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky

Reaction score
I know this is beat to death but i've been reading and calculating and studying and calling, and keep getting different answers so without bagging on me can someone give me a strait answer please:33:

truck is stock height, im getting a set of xd brigades 20x9 rims with 35/12.5/20 cooper discoverer stt's...what backspace will keep me close to stock or maybe sticking out a tad further??? will +18 be ok or do I have to find a rim that has more back spacing?? I've been told conflicting answers from rim companies and know people here have done all kinds of setups...

Thanks for any answers

OP
OP
S

Sparky

Reaction score
Thanks for an answer, thinking of going mid perch....but do you have a 9 inch rim now? Since stock is 8.5 I'm assuming that comes into play right? I just don't want the tire rubbing and sticking out too far...I was told by tire rack I have to be over +20 to make this set up work...

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im 8.5. Mid perch at +18 should be fine. Hopefully someone with a similar setup will chime in

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have methods in 18x9 +18 offset. I am running the toyo mts that are closer to a 36" (35.7 to be exact). 4 wheel parts suggested they trim a small piece of the fender liner as it was going to be close to rubbing on full lock and shock compression. I told them go ahead and trim. Had the new tires and wheels a week and no issues so far. Oh yeah, I'm also at midperch.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new tires/wheels a month ago and was stuck with the same dilemma. I ended up going with +20 offset on 9" wheels and I like it. With the Toyo's they stick out more than stock b/c of the 1/2" wider wheel but the stance is great.
pu9atyny.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sparky

Reaction score
I got new tires/wheels a month ago and was stuck with the same dilemma. I ended up going with +20 offset on 9" wheels and I like it. With the Toyo's they stick out more than stock b/c of the 1/2" wider wheel but the stance is great.
pu9atyny.jpg

Any rubbing issues when turning? How do you like those rims? That was my second choice..Fuel Octanes right?

Last edited: