What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We already have a 550hp eb, Ford just needs the unlock the damn ecu on the newer trucks.
I still have a feeling the 24’s will be unlocked and the 23’s will always be the bastard year that was never broken lol

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well to those that say they know of no one who would buy a PB raptor... raises hand. I really believe that a PB raptor power plant could easily achieve 600HP, do a REAL 18mpg city and 24-26MPG highway, increase range to 860 miles or so between fill ups while not increasing the weight too much.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All things being equal a PB raptor using the HO 3.5 would have 480 HP and 580 torque, not sure that juice is worth the weight squeeze. Getting 600 HP out of that would require quite a tune, bigger battery, or more powerful motors. Likely a combo of all 3 of those. Certainly possible though.

600HP would also likely need transmission and other drivetrain upgrades pushing over 700TQ. They do have to warranty this thing, and lawyers do exist.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to those that say they know of no one who would buy a PB raptor... raises hand. I really believe that a PB raptor power plant could easily achieve 600HP, do a REAL 18mpg city and 24-26MPG highway, increase range to 860 miles or so between fill ups while not increasing the weight too much.
I briefly had a power boost platinum while waiting for a Raptor order. It was quick for sure, but it was also annoying for daily driving. The transition between electric and gas was the roughest hybrid system I’ve driven. It was like start/stop but worse.

If they make the transition more smooth I’d be interested, potentially

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have a feeling the 24’s will be unlocked and the 23’s will always be the bastard year that was never broken lol
Honestly wouldn't surprise me either, thankfully I don't really want a tune regardless of how amazing they are. Breaking something without a warranty is just money I could have used to buy an R.... Bring on the gen 4 lol.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If we are (wishing) speculating...
I will throw TT Godzilla 7.3 out there @ 1,500hp :)
Of course drivetrain to go with it too.

I think a better comparison and closer to apples vs apples might be...
Will the Tremor get stepped up??
Have read a few threads saying the RHO could fill a market spot between the Tremor/Rebel and Raptor/old TRX.
Thought that was a good take on it.
Pricing of all those trucks seemed to fall in line with those thoughts also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL