What makes a Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP very nice progress on your build. Suspension is functional and the truck looks great.

Welcome. Any enthusiast group contains a certain number of elitist ******. You can often tell who they are. :rolleyes:

And when they sell their Raptor it often says, " never offroad/jumped, babied" in the first sentence.

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
I hope on your list of mods is rear leafs lol.

I used to have lots of lifted 4WDs with blocks in the rear.. God they suck lol. Hell even the stock Raptor leafs aren't as great as Deavers or Icons.

the rear leafs are swapped to OEM Gen 1.

I like the plush ride of the OEM spring rates and plan to get some traction bars to help with wheel hop. I had to get the blocks because the rear just dropped in ride height so much with the stock blocks on!

I am open to being convinced to upgrade to Icons or Deavers :)

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
Glad to see that I wasn’t too far off going with Trakmotive replacements. Maybe RCV in the future if IL doesn’t cancel the fire department and my job.
TBH I have not had the best luck with these CVs. I went through like 5 sets of IWEs, replacing pretty much everything surrounding the IWE... thinking surely the brand new CVs couldn’t be the issue?

well... pretty sure they are. :)

I just keep the IWEs locked now... but my guess is that they were not manufactured perfectly to OEM spec. If you anticipate this, then for $200 per set you really can’t go wrong!

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH I have not had the best luck with these CVs. I went through like 5 sets of IWEs, replacing pretty much everything surrounding the IWE... thinking surely the brand new CVs couldn’t be the issue?

well... pretty sure they are. :)

I just keep the IWEs locked now... but my guess is that they were not manufactured perfectly to OEM spec. If you anticipate this, then for $200 per set you really can’t go wrong!

Thoughts on the IWE delete? I did and am really happy with the results. RCV is solid.