What lug nuts look good with Method Standards and 37" Baja TAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some crappy lugs from 4 wheel parts, They look kinda like this:
671-65310.jpg

In Mexico I snapped my axle and had to take the lugs off and couldn't find the key. Sockets and vice grips wrecked 6 lugs until we found a key. Good news was a socket didn't work since these are 6 splined instead of 5 splined. Bad news is I have broken 2 keys so far since the key is very crappy.

Anyways, I want some new lug nuts. The Methods have the chrome bolts around the rim and with the chrome lugs inside its a bit flashy (like a bro truck). I am looking at some ideas.

Heres what it looked like new and today (attached)

Any suggestions or examples of other similar looks?

Attachments

• WP_20130112_001.jpg
    WP_20130112_001.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 151
  • WP_20130720_001.jpg
    WP_20130720_001.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 150
  • WP_20131025_001.jpg
    WP_20131025_001.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 162

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the cheap acorn nuts with no locks. That way the chrome does not flake off and keep the nut from coming out of the socket. I also don't run center caps so I can change everything quicker.

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I work at the Redondo store 4 wheel parts. Sorry you are having issues with a set of our lugs if we sold you procomp lugs and your having issues I will warranty them and we can upgrade you into gorilla lugs, that's what I am running and the key is approved to use an impact?

I am off this week but should be back next week.

Banned
Reaction score
get ones that dont require a special key. those things are a waste of time and money imo.

if a theif really wants your tires/wheels, he will be prepared for locking lug nuts. and it wont make a difference. I lost my key for my stock ones on my ranger, took me 5 extra seconds to get them off with a hammer and a 12 pt socket.

as to which ones look good, thats totally up to each individual. I like the small acorn type.

Acorn_Bulge_Style_Lug_Nuts.jpg

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorillas for sure. I run the chrome ones but they also come in black. They're beefy... Barely fit in the holes of my methods and I love them.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i run the black gorilla lug nuts. i have a set of the chrome gorilla lug nuts also in great shape. if your interested in the chrome ones PM me know and ill dig them out.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the black gorilla lugs.

The locking/splined ones are a tad more hassle, but still worth it. A pro theif will still get them if they want them, but there's also plenty of dipchit joe blow amaeture theives out there, and the locking/splined lugs may stop them.