what do you see wrong here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will call them Today. And most likely just gonna get it towed because one of the bed supports is bent due to the shock being swayed under the bed support. I see your point, but I have little faith they will give me a rental.

I walked into Earnhardt ford and offered to buy an f250 on the spot so as long as they could bump me up on the list to service the R and they couldn’t be bothered lol. I’m actually buying an f250 from another dealership today so I’m not too worried about getting a rental at the moment but it’d be nice if Ford did show some decency in the situation and said “we’ll take care of your new Truck bc a bolt coming loose from the suspension at 1600 miles is completely unacceptable “.
The same BS I got from the purchasing dealer.
They tried to pull something on the servicing dealer so they didnt have to pay for it.
I actually had to pay for the service and open a case with Ford, the BBB and the attorney general.
I ended up getting $1k from Ford which was more than paid for the service.
So much effect to correct something that should have been right in the first place.
I've been considering an Explorer ST for a second car but with the BS I keep experiencing and reading about their dealers ill probably buy something else.

Last edited:

sc85fiero

Reaction score
I will call them Today. And most likely just gonna get it towed because one of the bed supports is bent due to the shock being swayed under the bed support. I see your point, but I have little faith they will give me a rental.

I walked into Earnhardt ford and offered to buy an f250 on the spot so as long as they could bump me up on the list to service the R and they couldn’t be bothered lol. I’m actually buying an f250 from another dealership today so I’m not too worried about getting a rental at the moment but it’d be nice if Ford did show some decency in the situation and said “we’ll take care of your new Truck bc a bolt coming loose from the suspension at 1600 miles is completely unacceptable “.
Youre on the right path, and I commend you for taking the high road with it. Just keep in mind when youre at a dealership youre not dealing with "Ford" youre dealing with an independently owned dealership. Also keep in mind Sales and Service are 2 very different departments and in some dealers the 2 departments work well with each other, but in some dealers they couldn't care less about helping each other.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you don't want aired out here about the process of getting your truck fixed.

-Joe

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my caterpillar mechanic that works on our box trucks did me a favor and fixed it. it took him 5 minutes with a prybar to get the bolt in and fastened with a nut. i was laughing bc all these dealerships tell me it doesn't matter it's a 15 minute job, they have a big backlog. i totally understand that, but it's a new vehicle and this should not have happened...exceptions could have been made if anyone gave a shit. and i understand dealerships are independent of Ford, but they still sell this product...have some ****** pride in what you sell. it's situations like this that attach "scum" to your industry. sorry not sorry.

also, diesel mechanics>>>>any Ford/auto tech by far.

c518eb13-44eb-43df-8908-cd13e81d4079.jpeg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
so my caterpillar mechanic that works on our box trucks did me a favor and fixed it. it took him 5 minutes with a prybar to get the bolt in and fastened with a nut. i was laughing bc all these dealerships tell me it doesn't matter it's a 15 minute job, they have a big backlog. i totally understand that, but it's a new vehicle and this should not have happened...exceptions could have been made if anyone gave a shit. and i understand dealerships are independent of Ford, but they still sell this product...have some ****** pride in what you sell. it's situations like this that attach "scum" to your industry. sorry not sorry.

also, diesel mechanics>>>>any Ford/auto tech by far.

View attachment 423928
Bro, did your diesel mechanic even put a nut on the backside of the bolt?