GEN 2 What are these holes? Screw holes, drains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. It’s kind of hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the rivets aren’t there, any chance they could have been removed?
Those thingys in your picture are rivets. They look just like the rivets on every other 13th gen F150 I've seen.

OP
OP
RedRptr

RedRptr

Reaction score
Those thingys in your picture are rivets. They look just like the rivets on every other 13th gen F150 I've seen.
So I think the rivets are missing on both sides. I’ve found pictures with and without the rivets and mine look like the without.

I believe I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow to have them take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw a cross section of those rivets at the dealer. There is adhesive/sealant underneath to seal the elements out.

It doesn’t look that great but who cares.

Btw nothing wrong with penetration in the rear.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I think the rivets are missing on both sides. I’ve found pictures with and without the rivets and mine look like the without.

I believe I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow to have them take a look.
They are there in your picture plain as day. But if you have time to burn, go ahead and take a ride to your dealership.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be perverse once I’m not worried about water getting into my $70k truck ;)

Well if it makes you feel any better I just drilled 8 holes in to my roof to mount a light bar. What I found is the roof is not a single sheet of steal. It’s is a “chamber” for lack of a better term. So the top layer that the river goes into is not directly accessing your interior. There is a cavity there. Any moister that would build up would run down the pillar and out the drain holes in the bottom of the truck.

the rivet is making a seal similar to the way a valve and valve seat are “sealing”. There is direct metal to metal contact with an applied pressure from the interior rivet ball pushing up and out against the roof metal. So it is very very unlikely that any water would be able to get past it. Now the rivet in nature does have a space from where the rivet rod snapped at that water could pool in. You could take a small amount of black silicon as mentioned by others and fill that tiny hole. But likely any water in that spot would blow out above 10 mph...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are there in your picture plain as day. But if you have time to burn, go ahead and take a ride to your dealership.
I agree that the rivet top is there, but the pin is not there, they do make a plastic protective cap that would snap in there and make that look more professional, his looks like a 2 year old installed them, missing paint and stuff. I have ocd and it would bug me too. Also it looks like @Oldfart has had his way with it a few times.

OP
OP
RedRptr

RedRptr

Reaction score
I agree that the rivet top is there, but the pin is not there, they do make a plastic protective cap that would snap in there and make that look more professional, his looks like a 2 year old installed them, missing paint and stuff. I have ocd and it would bug me too. Also it looks like @Oldfart has had his way with it a few times.
Thanks all. I’ll black silicone it and call it a day, getting the windows tinted next week so I’m glad I don’t have to delay that.