water staying in methods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Methods do the same thing. If it bothered me, I would probably put a few rubber foot pads in the groove to disrupt the centrifugal force.

I'd go with something as tall as the lip and less "round", but this will give you the idea...basically water speed bumps.
ux_a13111500ux1440_ux_g03.jpg

that's actually pretty genius it's so simple lol. I may try that.

It's not water from washing the truck that bothers me. I always dry the truck, and my 18v leaf blower blasts the rims and tires nice and dry. Its the rain water, melting snow, puddle water, etc. that drives me nuts because it takes a slightly dirty wheel, and makes it look really dirty with extra dirt spots from the water sitting in different spots.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Very good idea indeed. I'll have Crown Offroad's rock rings on mine, and something like this will be even more hidden and effective!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always loved Methods but thought that the matte finish on them always made them look dirty. When I originally bought my NV's, I had them powdercoated semigloss black (60% black) to give it a slightly glossier look. Some people (not my powedercoater) have said that the powdercoating would chip I guess because the kind of metal the wheels are or some shit. I've had the wheels for 7-8 months and 13,000 miles and haven't noticed a single chip or anything wrong with the wheels at all. It's a subtle difference, but makes the difference to me to not have the wheels have a "dirty" look. I know it's a little off topic but I thought of it when @Reptar mentioned his wheels looking dirty quick.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always loved Methods but thought that the matte finish on them always made them look dirty. When I originally bought my NV's, I had them powdercoated semigloss black (60% black) to give it a slightly glossier look. Some people (not my powedercoater) have said that the powdercoating would chip I guess because the kind of metal the wheels are or some shit. I've had the wheels for 7-8 months and 13,000 miles and haven't noticed a single chip or anything wrong with the wheels at all. It's a subtle difference, but makes the difference to me to not have the wheels have a "dirty" look. I know it's a little off topic but I thought of it when @Reptar mentioned his wheels looking dirty quick.

I don't mean my wheels themselves look dirty quick, the finish from method is fine IMO, and they look brand spanking new when I wash them and hit them with vinylex or 303. The dirtiness that bugs me is from water pooling, then evaporating, making the dirt crust. That would happen regardless of the finish of the wheel.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Reptar...yeah, bud, I know. Just throwing that out there. I haven't seen the complaints that you have. Then again I live in CA where it barely ever rains. Just thought it was something to think about. I thought I'd be a lot more **** about keeping my truck clean...but then I realized it a f@ckin off-road truck, its made to get dirty. Dirt doesn't bother me, I actually kinda think my truck looks a little strange when it's perfectly clean.

Gus00SVTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also drill a hole in the lip of the wheel for the water to drain out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could also drill a hole in the lip of the wheel for the water to drain out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes because the wheels don't rotate or anything where you'd drill a hole at the bottom then drive around the block and oh shit they're not at the bottom anymore lol