wanting some different headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am wanting some different headlight for my truck, I hate my factory halogen bulbs. I don't want to spend 1000 + for new headlights, so what are my other opitons? Show me what you got. Thanks

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well you could go the super cheap (and cheaply made) route and go with recon headlights or i believe there is a few other cheaper ones out there as well like anzo i believe not too sure but with stuff like this you have to remember you get what you pay for!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would honestly either do nothing or do it right and go with retrofits.

You won't see much improvement without going all the way with some projectors.

IMO - Silverstars and drop in HID kits are a COMPLETE waste of money and make zero difference.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would honestly either do nothing or do it right and go with retrofits.

You won't see much improvement without going all the way with some projectors.

IMO - Silverstars and drop in HID kits are a COMPLETE waste of money and make zero difference.

I guess I'll do nothing till I can save up the money. I bought silverstars, should have just bought some candles instead.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my 2011 factory halogen bulbs with an HID Kit and it did a big difference in lumens output. I can imagine the projectors will help a lot more but just be carefull on the brand and quality you choose, you don't want humidity inside your headlights when it rains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought silverstars, should have just bought some candles instead.

IMO - one of the biggest consumer rip offs out there. They sucker so many people into buying them. Half of them have it in their heads that it really makes a difference too...

Just a gimmick to sell a high dollar bulb that needs to be replaced 3 times more often.... Kinda like the marketing gimmick where Michelin has brainwashed everybody that they are the king of tires.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have first-hand experience with the Recon Diamond White zenon bulbs:

DON'T BE TEMPTED.

They have less than half the lifespan of the factory bulbs and they are way dimmer in terms of total light output. One of my Recons burned out recently, so I reinstalled the factory bulbs. I was astounded at how much more light the factory bulbs emit. You'd do better than Recons with Sylvanias or GEs from your local auto parts store, and now that I've had some experience I would say that there is nothing in particular wrong with the factory bulbs.