Vroom 2018 Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why I only buy from CarMax sight unseen...and they have a pretty good selection of used Raptors, gen1 and gen2 to boot.

OP
OP
G

Greg Machala

Reaction score
The 2019 and 2020 won't fit in the garage with the shark fin on the roof. My 2018 just clears by a hair. I didn't even think about that when I was looking at new ones.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My $.02.. If you like the way it looks now, how it drives, and you feel like you got a decent deal, I bet the way it was delivered will be a "muted" memory after a few months.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my buying new experience at AutoMax in Killeen. Nothing compared to what I felt the day I took delivery. They did everything short of throwing my trade in keys onto the roof of the dealership.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you fixed the problem but that body work showing up on the carfax is going to kill your resale. I would have refused delivery and demanded all money refunded - they were deceptive and did not deliver what they were supposed to. Paying a restocking fee in this scenario is laughable.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I am curious why there would be anything on the carfax all of a sudden, if it was clean when you bought it and you did repairs yourself? Maybe I missed it?

OP
OP
G

Greg Machala

Reaction score
My $.02.. If you like the way it looks now, how it drives, and you feel like you got a decent deal, I bet the way it was delivered will be a "muted" memory after a few months.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my buying new experience at AutoMax in Killeen. Nothing compared to what I felt the day I took delivery. They did everything short of throwing my trade in keys onto the roof of the dealership.

Yeah I am glad I was able to get it fixed to where it looks like new now. It was a judgement call I had to make if I could fix it or now and if there was more undisclosed damage. It is such a fun vehicle and I have wanted one since they came out in 2010. It is so unfortunate that such a good vehicle is often sold by unscrupulous dealers leaving a bad taste from the buying experience. I head you on the throwing the trade in keys onto the roof of the dealership. It is near impossible to get your trade in keys back to leave when you look at new vehicles.

OP
OP
G

Greg Machala

Reaction score
I am curious why there would be anything on the carfax all of a sudden, if it was clean when you bought it and you did repairs yourself? Maybe I missed it?

Vroom had it repainted somewhere but the paint job was hastily done with overspray and orange peel galore. I color sanded it to perfection myself. The work Vroom had done is withheld from CarFax. Then after you take delivery a few weeks later that body work shows up on CarFax.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things I won't buy sight unseen: real estate and a car. Never, ever inspect a vehicle in the rain or in the dark. Taking delivery in the middle of the night is totally sketchy IMO but ff you got it to where you're happy, then move on and enjoy the truck! Love the color.

OP
OP
G

Greg Machala

Reaction score
A few things I won't buy sight unseen: real estate and a car. Never, ever inspect a vehicle in the rain or in the dark. Taking delivery in the middle of the night is totally sketchy IMO but ff you got it to where you're happy, then move on and enjoy the truck! Love the color.

The color is my favorite Raptor color (Lightning Blue). It has power folding mirrors too which is a plus for getting in and out of the garage. The shorty antenna on the roof just clears the header of the garage door too. The options on the truck are exactly what I was looking for down to the spray in bed liner and tailgate step as well. If I could do it over I would probably have bought it again. It is just such an nice looking truck now that its all detailed. But, it is hard to make that judgement call at 1AM. But, in the end I am enjoying the truck so that is what matters. However, I would hope this thread would give other pause before getting a vehicle from Vroom.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color is my favorite Raptor color (Lightning Blue). It has power folding mirrors too which is a plus for getting in and out of the garage. The shorty antenna on the roof just clears the header of the garage door too. The options on the truck are exactly what I was looking for down to the spray in bed liner and tailgate step as well. If I could do it over I would probably have bought it again. It is just such an nice looking truck now that its all detailed. But, it is hard to make that judgement call at 1AM. But, in the end I am enjoying the truck so that is what matters. However, I would hope this thread would give other pause before getting a vehicle from Vroom.

LOL duly noted about Vroom. Enjoy your truck, I bought mine three weeks ago without knowing a whole lot about them, it's my first Ford product ever. I've come to appreciate this very special vehicle. So far very happy and I'm sure you will be as well!