Vroom 2018 Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow , I would have refuse that deal and get all my $$ back. I only buy new vehicle online but for used car, I wouldn’t. I can never trust anyone with their bs.

Even with new car, When I took mine for delivery, I checked inside out like 10 times before finally sign off.
With my sq5, I found some dings on the passenger front door. Dealers had to fix it.
With my raptor, scratch on rear bumper and I made them fix it.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow , I would have refuse that deal and get all my $$ back. I only buy new vehicle online but for used car, I wouldn’t. I can never trust anyone with their bs.

Even with new car, When I took mine for delivery, I checked inside out like 10 times before finally sign off.
With my sq5, I found some dings on the passenger front door. Dealers had to fix it.
With my raptor, scratch on rear bumper and I made them fix it.

At delivery, mine had some kind of hard to remove chemical on the driver's side door right under the handle. I thought it was greasy handprints at first. I got it home and noticed instead it looked like they wiped it down with a rag. There was a 5"x5" hazy, smeared dried spot. I washed it and it didn't go away. Used a 3M clay bar and it still didn't go away. Got out the Megs compound and my DA - that finally got rid of it. There are still some spots on the hood where the cosmoline (or whatever they used to protect it in transport) was, I'm getting those out slowly.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color is my favorite Raptor color (Lightning Blue). It has power folding mirrors too which is a plus for getting in and out of the garage. The shorty antenna on the roof just clears the header of the garage door too. The options on the truck are exactly what I was looking for down to the spray in bed liner and tailgate step as well. If I could do it over I would probably have bought it again. It is just such an nice looking truck now that its all detailed. But, it is hard to make that judgement call at 1AM. But, in the end I am enjoying the truck so that is what matters. However, I would hope this thread would give other pause before getting a vehicle from Vroom.

Man that sucks, people can pull some shady crap. I was at Groove Ford in Denver the other day getting service on my 18 My buddy works in service there was telling me the have about 2 dozen 19’s they are trying to move, listed with up to $5k off sticker. He said he thought they might even go lower, from the looks of it, half were Lightning Blue. I was tempted, but no loaded Agate Black SCREWs and they won’t give but about $50k trade on my 18.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks, people can pull some shady crap. I was at Groove Ford in Denver the other day getting service on my 18 My buddy works in service there was telling me the have about 2 dozen 19’s they are trying to move, listed with up to $5k off sticker. He said he thought they might even go lower, from the looks of it, half were Lightning Blue. I was tempted, but no loaded Agate Black SCREWs and they won’t give but about $50k trade on my 18.

No Lightning Blue in 19, likely Velocity Blue (which is what I have, I'd need to see them side by side because in pics they look damn close). I bought a leftover 19, $7k off. I think Velocity Blue might be a bit much for most owners LOL, it's definitely in your face!

OP
OP
G

Greg Machala

Reaction score
At delivery, mine had some kind of hard to remove chemical on the driver's side door right under the handle. I thought it was greasy handprints at first. I got it home and noticed instead it looked like they wiped it down with a rag. There was a 5"x5" hazy, smeared dried spot. I washed it and it didn't go away. Used a 3M clay bar and it still didn't go away. Got out the Megs compound and my DA - that finally got rid of it. There are still some spots on the hood where the cosmoline (or whatever they used to protect it in transport) was, I'm getting those out slowly.

I used Meguiars
rubbing compound to get all the oversparay off my truck. That stuff really works well. It was slow but didn't leave any swirls. Then I polished it with Carnuba wax.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well after reviewing all the feedback I returned the vehicle to Vroom before the 7day 250 mile limit. I decided to go out of state and get a new 2019 at 5K off sticker in Missouri. I am still out $950.00 and the time I put into it to detail it.
Live and learn.
What color did you get?