VelociRaptor 600 Raptor burnt to ashes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEXICAN RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mexican Raptor...I think if he posted something other than this as his first post we would be more willing to let him vent his frustration. This just makes him look like a troll...

People tend to be more vocal about something when they are unhappy. I definitely see your point, I'm just saying it's easier to get to the bottom of something by having a conversation rather than being quick to judge. But that's just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm right.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys i am talking about my vehicle here i am talking about my Raptor, if it was a mistake from my side why would i mention it in this forum after i have been compensated with a new engine???
I am just trying to save everyone the hassel and disapoint i have been through.
If everyone think that what happend is my mistake then everyone is right and i am wrong.

Which motor? And what specifically broke? How many miles and what was you doing.

Anyhow, outside of your truck, I can't recall any reported engine failures involving either motor. I have personally logged 36,000 miles on my early 6.2L Raptor with zero issues. There are plenty of people with more milage and zero issue as well.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which motor? And what specifically broke? How many miles and what was you doing.

Anyhow, outside of your truck, I can't recall any reported engine failures involving either motor. I have personally logged 36,000 miles on my early 6.2L Raptor with zero issues. There are plenty of people with more milage and zero issue as well.

2011, so its a 6.2

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please tell us what broke and how and what you were doing..my 2011 has 41, *** and zero problems and I most certainly do not baby it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

logger1968

Reaction score
6 weeks ago i was on a trip from Oman to Dubai (about 300km distance) with my family and on the way back my wife told me there is a ticking or clicking sound in the engine but i could not hear it. This sound according to her is not continues sometimes she can hear sometimes she can not but it looks like that the sound is more obvious when the speed increased from idle speed to a higher speed only at the begining (i.e. from 120km/hr to 130km/hr) the change in speed is not required to be at a sharp acceleration for the noise to be heared even at a smooth increase but always at the begining of the change or when you slow down. At this point i still could not recognize the sound or hear this is all according to my wife. Upon arrival at home on Thursday evening, the vehicle was parked and i started it on Friday evening around 7pm and as soon as engine started there was an ugly knocking noise which lasts for one or two seconds but then it can be heared once you rev. the engine at the start of the rev. I called the guy who sold me the vehicle in the dealership because i have his number and i told him that i am having a noise in my engine and he told me to bring it to the dealer workshop on Saturday (the next day). On saturday morning i took my daughter to her college (on the way) and continue to the dealer workshop just few km away from the dealer workshop the vehicle suddenly become heavy and there was a bang and smoke. I called them around 10 am and they come to collect the vehicle at 1:00 pm. The vehicle had 25k km at the time of the incident and it was serviced at the dealer place at 20k km. The front cylender of the right V side (passinger side) broke and the lower blok from the left side, also the passinger side head block is affected as well as it can be seen from the picture. Coolant temperature and oil pressure all was normal until the engine broke where i got a message saying low oil pressure.

ForumRunner_20120911_235648.jpg

ForumRunner_20120911_235725.jpg

ForumRunner_20120911_235751.jpg

ForumRunner_20120911_235813.jpg

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6 weeks ago i was on a trip from Oman to Dubai (about 300km distance) with my family and on the way back my wife told me there is a ticking or clicking sound in the engine but i could not hear it. This sound according to her is not continues sometimes she can hear sometimes she can not but it looks like that the sound is more obvious when the speed increased from idle speed to a higher speed only at the begining (i.e. from 120km/hr to 130km/hr) the change in speed is not required to be at a sharp acceleration for the noise to be heared even at a smooth increase but always at the begining of the change or when you slow down. At this point i still could not recognize the sound or hear this is all according to my wife. Upon arrival at home on Thursday evening, the vehicle was parked and i started it on Friday evening around 7pm and as soon as engine started there was an ugly knocking noise which lasts for one or two seconds but then it can be heared once you rev. the engine at the start of the rev. I called the guy who sold me the vehicle in the dealership because i have his number and i told him that i am having a noise in my engine and he told me to bring it to the dealer workshop on Saturday (the next day). On saturday morning i took my daughter to her college (on the way) and continue to the dealer workshop just few km away from the dealer workshop the vehicle suddenly become heavy and there was a bang and smoke. I called them around 10 am and they come to collect the vehicle at 1:00 pm. The vehicle had 25k km at the time of the incident and it was serviced at the dealer place at 20k km. The front cylender of the right V side (passinger side) broke and the lower blok from the left side, also the passinger side head block is affected as well as it can be seen from the picture. Coolant temperature and oil pressure all was normal until the engine broke where i got a message saying low oil pressure.

View attachment 11443

View attachment 11444

View attachment 11445

View attachment 11446

Ouch..but it looks to me that the guy that sold it to you is the one to blame..or the previous owner

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he sucked water, first off I think the motor damage would pretty instantaneous, secondly I think you would see a lot more rust on everything if water had been present. Unless they cleaned it all off before the pics.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Although it does look like there is some rust in the intake valley.... Hmmm

logger1968

Reaction score
Guys why would i share this with you if i know that i did something wrong. Again my intention is for all of you to avoid this situation and again i am telling you that my problem was solved and my Raptor is up and running but when i saw the burning picture of another Raptor and also in my country i got ignited.
So this is for everyone to be careful and take care.
As Maxican Raptor said the objective of this forume is to share problems, ideas and cooperate not to insult or make fun of each others.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you take on water with an engine it can take some time before it blows, my brothers blew up the next day after driving it for most of the day, no rust from the water.