Upgrading Gen 2 rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TH93108Raptor

Reaction score
I know there have been a few posts on rim upgrades for the Gen 2 but couldn’t find what I was looking for. I am not hating the OEM rims but have read some things about aftermarket being better. Obviously it can look better. I was looking and Fuel and black Rhino. My favorites so far are the Chamber - Black Rhinos with an -18 offset. Any thoughts or direction is greatly appreciated (pics also).

Use case is this is a second vehicle. I do drive a lot of road but go overlanding typically 3-4 times a year to places like Death Valley so airing down and doing some basic rock fun but don’t need beadlock wheels.

Last edited:

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what your current OEM wheels are, I really like the beadlock capable 2019-2020 wheels. But the Black Rhino wheels are really nice as well.

Plenty of threads on tires here. I switched to Cooper AT3s and am very happy. Another good one is the Falken AT3W.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i personally think anything past 0 offset looks weird and would put some extra wear on the front. +1 for the 19-20 beadlocks.
But as for tires also +1 for the coopers, i have 15k miles on mine and theyre wearing super good, no noise, and grip well in rain and offroad. K02s ive had two bad batches and they never balanced right, and started to howl fast. Was never impressed with their performance in rain.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Your use case is something that should play a role.
You can find all manner of options. IMO, if you’re not doing serious mud and sand antics with frequent air downs, bead lock wheels are a waste of money.

The Method bead grip series are lighter, every bit up to the task and look good. Or you can go with a lightweight wheel option

or just stylin’.

I did Motegi trail lite x6 from @Pacific Wheel.
14 pounds per wheel lighter than the factory bead lock capable wheels.

OP
OP
T

TH93108Raptor

Reaction score
Yes good point. Use case is this is a second vehicle. I do drive a lot of road but go overlanding typically 3-4 times a year to places like Death Valley so airing down and doing some basic rock fun but don’t need beadlock wheels.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You got a Rap, not a taco/tundra. Go functional. Jen Too is ok with18, 25 and stock offset. Zero and neg. Offset needs more effort
I’d look at the method bead grip series hard. Not necessary strictly speaking but give you some extra capabilities.