Upfitter Wiring Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on using weatherpack connections on the upfitter wires. I’ll eventually running four sets of lights up front, so a 2x2 connector for everything going forward, then one of the 5A going back for the S1 lights in the bumper. With the weatherpack I can easily swap wire positions in the connector.

#1 Squadron Pro Spot (I plan on using this on dark highways, so first position)
#2 30” S8 behind grill (future upgrade)
#3 Squadron Pro Wide Cornering
#4 Squadron SAE
#5 S1 flush mounted in rear bumper
#6 undetermined, possibly some perimeter camp lighting eventually

I’m looking at the possibility of using a floor dimmer switch in conjunction with the upfitter for the Pro Spots and S8 bar to make them easier to use on the road. Basically use the upfitter switch to arm them and the floor dimmer to toggle them on and off. One of the add on dead pedals would make it easy to mount the dimmer without drilling into the truck. I think reaching up to the overhead switch every time I have to dim for oncoming traffic will get annoying. I wish they could be tied to the auto high beams, but I read what others here have said about bricking the body control module when adding any load (even just to trigger a relay) on the headlight circuit.