Votes: 2 2.5%
  • July 2012 (Not 4th)

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Early September (Not Labor Day)

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Hold off until 2013

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
What he means by their calendar is off is the 2012 according to Mayan calendar has come and gone.

And it's 12/21/12 lol. Not 24.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The world isn't gonna end. If it did we would all be drowned in the tears of the Chevy guys when they realize their trucks actually aren't up to the task like the commercial said...

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Mayan calendar is not off at all. The Mayan calendar was established around the winter and summer equinox. Our calendar was adjusted because by using days to establish a year doesnt pan out and would gain one day for every four years passing because our trip around the sun is technically 365.25 days. But the Mayans didnt care about day to day, they only measured between equinoxes and days were actually irrelevant. You could actually argue that the western culture of time keeping took us a step back until observing stars, sun and moon placement wasnt punishable by being burned at the stake for heresy.

But its funny to see people jump on the leap day bandwagon without thinking it through. The Mayans simply stopped calculating their calendar because it was the end of this cycle. But the Mayans cycle has ended many times before. I mean basically, it comes down to simple logic- if you started counting from 1, where would you stop counting if you have a limit of infinity, and does the number you decide to stop at mean there are no numbers above that number? Of course not.

I envision a Mayan king walking into some old astronomical hermit's hut and saying, so, hows work?

Hermit: Well your highness, I have calculated our next 7300 cycles.

King: Yeah, umm, you and I will see the next 15 or 20, I know we dont have television, but dont you think you can find something better to do with your time?

Hermit: Well, if I stopped calculating in 15-20 cycles, our stupid media would drive our subjects into a frenzy thinking the world would end because I quit writing down cycles.

King: Well, I think it is safe to stop there. Surely in 7300 cycles, the masses and media will be more evolved, and not fall to such sillyness.

Hermit: Well, I do have that combustable substance I was thinking I could make projectiles hurl from a hollow to cause mass damage from a distance. Should I work on that?

King: Nonsense! We rule over all the lands, and its not like some pale skinned armada is going to magically appear on our doorsteps and destroy us all! We have Gods to protect us. Just go out and find the next ****** sacrifice and call it a day, okay?

Hermit: Yes my wise King!

Banned
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I know they just stopped. Heck the guy probably died from insanity from marking so much shit on a calendar.