Tried almost everything.. water spots glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some good advice above.

If the clay bar does not help, then the steel wool could be tried. I would use OOOO just to make sure you don't end up with scratches.

If neither of those methods work, then the windshield will need to be machine polished with Adam's Polishes Paint Correcting Polishing and a Microfiber Foam Cutting Pad. If you don't have a machine polisher and don;t know anybody who does, you would have to go to a local detailing shop.

Are there any water spots on the rest of the glass or on the paint?

I use the steel wool too. It couldn't work better. After that I follow it up with some rainX

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last year I took straight white vinegar to mine. Didn't take them all off, but certainly made a hell of a difference.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At your bigger supermarkets or well equipped hardware stores you can find "Bon Ami". It WILL take care of your spots and leave the glass like new again!

Attachments

• bon-ami-can-home-header.jpg
    bon-ami-can-home-header.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how the steel wool does. That's my next step. Vinegar made a tremendous difference but I'd like to be spot free if possible

So far, the spots still remain, and what has been done:

-Invisible glass
-Vinegar
-CLR
-Razor blade
-Clay bar
-Steel wool

We hit a test section with glass polish and a glass pad on a drill (didn't have the buffer on hand)

The dealer is going to try to polish it.. if they still remain, I'll be leveraging them for a new piece of glass.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Be careful with a rotary polisher. If you generate too much heat you can screw up the laminate layers. Go easy and give it time to cool.

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer came through (as this one always does). Getting a new windshield installed today. Looking forward to seeing clearly again.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
Got the new raptor home and went right to detailing it. The windshield was filthy, but I thought I'd take my normal approach to it.... no luck.

It has really stubborn water spots (some white crud around bits of plastic on the cowl, too). So I'm thinking some serious acid rain neglect or an industrial area. I've tried glass cleaners and wipes, razor blade, and CLR treatement.

Help?

Chemical guy have some stuff for it. Your need a polisher if you want it to be easier. Adams has stuff to I believe