Transfer case being replaced...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigblocknut

Reaction score
My 13 was in the shop today transfer case has shavings in it family ford gets two thumbs up I have to bring it back to replace

arturom_1987

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced recently, it may have been my fault. I was at pismo dunes having a blast, I was in 2wd most of the time. I drove into some really soft sand and felt the truck slowing down quick. I decided to slow down and engage 4wd, but I think the front axle was not matching the speed to the rear axle, so I may have caused the failure by engaging 4wd to early. Non the less 4wd no longer worked, the dash display stated it was engaged but truly was not. I took it to the dealer explained specifically that 4wd drive was not working, I did not mention what had happened. They covered it under factory warranty and the transfer case was replaced. I did although feel a clunking noise when I would engage 4wd drive before so maybe it was failing before not sure but the good news I didn't pay a cent.

Thanks Ford Warranty
:)