Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Towing more than Max capacity can lead to bad things happening, including but not limited to accident, insurance not covering you, death.. If you need more buy a better tow vehicle.. If you insist on towing more than recommended, go slower, take your time and create a larger safe zone to operate in....

ryanbrew

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was afraid of. If I only had the cash for an f350 and raptor!

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 miles of towing in the 14

Total weight just over 7000 lbs
Averaged 12 MPG

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 55
  • securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 49

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my favs!
This run netted a 10.4

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpg
    securedownload-2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44

Ron Riggs

Reaction score
Serious Towing Challenge

OK, I've read all the forums on guys towing max or near max pull behinds. All the suspension vendors show only off road mods. I recently inherited a 10,000 pound fifth wheel 34 ft monster McKenzie Madallion and I don't want to give up my 2012 Scab. It has the tow pkg from the factory. I know the parts I need to tow a fifth wheel with a shortbed, but I'm trying to find info on suspension mods. There is a bazillion bump stops for off road, but what about towing WAY above the max? Tranny coolers, but how big is enough? More springs? HD springs? I need some help here. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ron Riggs

Reaction score
Serious Towing Challenge

Bigg50, you are right. I was hoping the impractical. I may be the only camper out there towing his Raptor behind his RV. Time to bite the bullet and buy a 350 Super Duty. Thanks for the quick reply.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nice thing is that in many states you can tow a bumper trailer behind a fifth wheel. That means you buy a trailer for your raptor to ride on, as long as you aren't over the legal limit. Oh, and get a 450. You will be happier.