tonneau covers for 18 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

question for those who know the various manufacturers. - want to get something for the raptor that takes up as little space near the window of the bed as ill be using the bed to transport my road bikes and mountain bikes. I tested fitted the bike and the rear wheel comes 4,5 inches from the front of the bed near the truck window. for example that revolver x2/4 rolls up and its a bundle right there, I think it should clear the rear wheel, but not 100% certain. some that slide and retract, and especially those that fold take up more space off that window and thus the rear wheel of the biek wouldn't snug into that space .

anyone have some experience with all this? some suggestions?
whats the best cover that you would suggest that gets nice and tight/snug in that space??

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

question for those who know the various manufacturers. - want to get something for the raptor that takes up as little space near the window of the bed as ill be using the bed to transport my road bikes and mountain bikes. I tested fitted the bike and the rear wheel comes 4,5 inches from the front of the bed near the truck window. for example that revolver x2/4 rolls up and its a bundle right there, I think it should clear the rear wheel, but not 100% certain. some that slide and retract, and especially those that fold take up more space off that window and thus the rear wheel of the biek wouldn't snug into that space .

anyone have some experience with all this? some suggestions?
whats the best cover that you would suggest that gets nice and tight/snug in that space??

What you are looking for is the Bakflip. it flips up out of the way of your bed but blocks/protects the back window, depending on how you want to look at it.

https://bakflip.com/

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same concern. Saw the hard rolling covers and they took up more room than a conventional soft cover. I just went with the Ford branded premium soft cover instead of any of the hard cover versions, it's good enough for my needs. Rolls up enough that it isn't a problem for bikes or motorcycles, and it comes off easily as well. 2 sliding clips and it comes right off, just leaving the bed rails.