Tiregate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was talk back when that the tires would be available from Ford dealers for a reasonable price. If I recall correctly, the price mentioned was around $200. Anyone with a better memory than me (most of you) able to add information here?

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now are you going to use a tire cover....something like what jeeps come with stock to help keep the tire from dry rotting etc.

thats a great idea! i will look for one online....however, if im using it in the rotation, i dont think it will dry rot.

200 dollars per tire will be REALLY nice! cheapest i found a NORMAL (no softer compound and so on) BFG AT 35" tire was for 269 dollars...that was at 4wheel parts

and for the black rim, its exactly 370.95.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11285

so at the least, we got about 700 dollars invested into our spare.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) I am awesome...
2) Whoever quoted you the wheel and tire was on crack
3) Dan's numbers are less cracked (you can get the rim cheaper if you shop around... the tire price is the best i have seen anywhere)
4) The tire that is on Tire rack and discount is right... BFG builds only two versions of this tire... one designed for the H2 Hummer the other for the Raptor... The raptor version is slightly larger than the H2 version... the Hummer version also is a higher load rating IIRC... if you look on BFG's website the tire you need has a little F in comments the other one has a G (again IIRC)... there has been extensive discussion of this.
5) The OE tires cost less than the HUMMER version at most places.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the heat! i couldnt find the rim else where...but this is great info, especially if i want to switch to all black rims! im wondering if they can swap the sensors on over to the new rims from the old you think? im guessing they can, so i wont have to purchase new sensors.

the person on crack...would be the dealership lol