Thoughts on Ruby Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows black Raptors are the fastest! Why settle for anything else? Do you want to drive a truck or a "Ruby Red" slipper?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen it in person on some Ford and Lincoln SUV's, it's really nice. But it does not photograph well in the pictures I've seen.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruby red is not a masculine color, and thus not appropriate for the Raptor IMO. Now if you were talking about a Lexus convertible or a Chrysler minivan, I'd say sure why not.

Sounds like they are shopping colors to two X chromosomes. Ruby Red. Where have I seen that color before? Oh yeah... after I work her over. Hard.

VAFordGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Ruby Red but not sure I want the full SE package. Since it's not available separately I will be going with Blue Flame. Otherwise my order will be the same as yours.

How did you place a 2014 order already? My dealer is saying they can't place 2014 orders yet.

I've talked to a few dealers who have confirmed that even though the order guide is out out, and their software has been updated to take 2014 orders. Ford is not accepting those orders yet. Your dealer could I guess take the order, but the factory does not have it.

I also am back and forth with Blue Flame or Ruby Red. I have not seen it in person. If its dark red like the pictures show I'll probably go with it, if its more race reddish I'll go with Blue Flame.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've talked to a few dealers who have confirmed that even though the order guide is out out, and their software has been updated to take 2014 orders. Ford is not accepting those orders yet. Your dealer could I guess take the order, but the factory does not have it.

I also am back and forth with Blue Flame or Ruby Red. I have not seen it in person. If its dark red like the pictures show I'll probably go with it, if its more race reddish I'll go with Blue Flame.

Ive seen both in person, I would go with the Red. The blue is really bright. The Red is a richer color, looks really dark depending on the sun. Go to a Ford dealer, you can see it on other cars.