Texas run Raptor prep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's guys like Greg who make us unprepared guys have an absolute blast. Props to guys like Greg!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I always bring fluids. 5-7 quarts of oil depending on room. 1 quart of gear lube. PS fluid and brake fluid. Spare fan belt (I have 75k miles though). Assorted metric nuts and bolts.

But very nice job, definitely going to be well prepped.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Trey!
Think I can squeeze that stuff in there also...Thanks for the suggestions..

Better prepared than caught off guard..

-Greg

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is the first part of my installs:

Streamlight strion led and charger
View attachment 6891
I disassembled the lid and mounted the charger right above the mp3 holder. Using 8/32 bolts, lock washers and nuts. Routing the plug through mp3 holder and cable between inner and out lid shells.
View attachment 6892
I left the cigarette plug end on the cable for right now, so I can plug and unplug charger.

Icom F5021 radio:
View attachment 6893
I just mounted the bracket 3 1/2 inches from bottom of tray. This leaves enough room around the radio for ventilation, visible to both driver and co-driver, and tray can still be used. Still working out wiring, once I get the mount and antenna. Still deciding if I want to run the radio from upfitters or directly from battery.

-Greg

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going MacGyver:

Swiss Army knive
1 stick big red gum
paper clip
rubber band
plaid bandanna

with this I will construct a thermo-nuclear device, or possibly get good breath, wipe the sweat from my forehead and shoot someone with a paperclip from my rubber band.

haven't decided which yet.

:drool:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going MacGyver:

Swiss Army knive
1 stick big red gum
paper clip
rubber band
plaid bandanna

with this I will construct a thermo-nuclear device, or possibly get good breath, wipe the sweat from my forehead and shoot someone with a paperclip from my rubber band.

haven't decided which yet.

:drool:

You forgot a couple strips of duct tape stuck to your ass.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that need to there is a big Ford store in Weatherford or just right out of it. Southwest Ford has the service department open starting at 7:00 even on Saturday. I had my Tranny pan and oil also the trans case oil replaced yesterday early - was out in 2 hours.