Tech package and Radar detector guys.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Little But of a different question regarding the tech in the truck,

Does window visor tint ever effect the electronics from the mirror or lane keeping or adaptive cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting how they changed the configuration of the 19's. Looks like they moved some of the sensors higher up on the glass. Is there anything under the mesh grill looking piece above the mirror?

usurper

Reaction score
First and fourth one.

Like this. (From F150 forum)

img_0478_4efb3418d03f681daa209bedee21d60ca8c80d46.jpg

Very helpful. Is it better to tap power here - and does that create too much slack in the 10" mirror tap wire? Or would it be better to tap at the other end of that cable, behind the plastic, then wrap these two wires down together and over to the detector? Trying to hide as much wiring as possible.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very helpful. Is it better to tap power here - and does that create too much slack in the 10" mirror tap wire? Or would it be better to tap at the other end of that cable, behind the plastic, then wrap these two wires down together and over to the detector? Trying to hide as much wiring as possible.

Up to you. I had always hard wired my detectors further up similarly to how you describe. This is my first time doing a mirror tap and it was very easy. My mirror tap wire looked similar to that picture. I used black shrink wrap tubing to give the wire a bit of a more finished look. Then I wound the wire around the blendmount a few times. It takes up the slack on the mirror tap wire and its not visible from the drivers seat as its all behind the mirror.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The navy blue wire is a ground as well once the plug is inserted, that's what I used as I found it easier to get to. I found the 10" lead perfect. I used the supplied 2 small tie wraps to secure the tap wiring to the OEM harness to prevent the taps from backing out, then one slightly larger tie wrap toward the top of the stalk where the radar detector is mounted . BTW, I found that collar to be in the way and simply unclipped and removed it. I did struggle with the taps on my 2019 (but never had an issue with my 2005, 2013 or 2015 Expedition, Viper, Shelby, etc.). The smallest taps were a bit too small in diameter and wanted to move around in the plug, and I could not get the medium size taps to go in at all.

usurper

Reaction score
The navy blue wire is a ground as well once the plug is inserted, that's what I used as I found it easier to get to. I found the 10" lead perfect. I used the supplied 2 small tie wraps to secure the tap wiring to the OEM harness to prevent the taps from backing out, then one slightly larger tie wrap toward the top of the stalk where the radar detector is mounted . BTW, I found that collar to be in the way and simply unclipped and removed it. I did struggle with the taps on my 2019 (but never had an issue with my 2005, 2013 or 2015 Expedition, Viper, Shelby, etc.). The smallest taps were a bit too small in diameter and wanted to move around in the plug, and I could not get the medium size taps to go in at all.

Could you take a couple of completed pictures?