Tailgate dampener assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckkb04

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to retro fit the dampener that is on the 2015 fords. I know there's aftermarket dampeners available but the one on the 15,s is hidden behind looks and works well. I have a 14 raptor. The 15 part #fl3z-99406a10-a kit dampner asy

D

Deleted member 12951

$75 is retail. My DeeZee doesn't hold up when off-roading unless you take it off or do that mod to screw it in. It would be nice to have something that is hidden

D

Deleted member 12951

The OP stated that he is fully aware of aftermarket dampeners for the tailgate. He likes the idea of a hidden one like on the 15' F-150's and wanted to know if anyone has gotten it to work?

OP
OP
ckkb04

ckkb04

Reaction score
Thxs I fully expected replies about the dee zee I realize it is a option but that wasn't my question

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt it will work. the bottom half of our tailgate is not accessible without cutting metal. any modification like this will most likely require cutting and welding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iAmNotorious