GEN 1 SYNC2 carplay module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought this box. It will add wireless carplay to sync2. A bit more works involved than sync3 conversion according to the installation video but much cheaper. Just checking if anyone tried this.
096c43384562ade53df619651db86b66.JPG

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a similar kit (same box, different company) on my wife’s 2011 BMW X535D. Knowing what’s involved, I would install in a Raptor if I still had one lol. Seems to work pretty well and modernizes an older vehicle to a certain extent. Just have to be comfortable taking apart the dash and it’s plug n play after that.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the box here but decided to wait to try a portable screen first... I figure having two separate systems is a plus. This model suppose to be A LOT better than those on amazon in performance and display quanlity.. chip shortage delayed production but suppose to start shipping out in 2 weeks now.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"installed" carplay, took 2 minutes, lol... :D This unit is good! Carplay up and running in about 10 seconds! Connection is much faster than my wife's 2023 audi q5. It also has dual bluetooth which means audio streaming from truck's speakers.

BTW, is it possible to mod that dash 12v outlet to turn on/off with engine? Had the truck for 10 years figured out today that it's acutally always on...

Attachments

• IMG_3156.jpg
    IMG_3156.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 6