Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Dan I find it hard to believe that the insurance company that would cover me in a DUI with .25 BAC in a car accident with injuries is going to deny coverage for removing a swaybar. Just doesn't make much sense to me. They might find me at fault because of having removed the swaybar but to deny coverage is a little excessive although they do reserve the right. As I'm sure they do in DUI situations. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on doing this mod and just want as much info as possible. Has any one had to swerve to avoid an accident who does not have a sway bar ? Is there any extra wear and tear on parts if it is removed. Any other pros and cons that you can add are greatly appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha... You really dont want to remove the tie rod!!! You meaning the swaybar removal? Ha ha ha...
Many opinions here about it... If you are driving on the road most of the time its best to keep it. Just get a disconnect kit and remove it when you are playing off road

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Nope you're screwed now! Lol.

FWIW I am pulling mine off again this week. It comes off when I am home and goes on when I leave since the wife hates driving with it off.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Seriously just pm a mod and they can fix it.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on doing this mod and just want as much info as possible. Has any one had to swerve to avoid an accident who does not have a tie rod? Is there any extra wear and tear on parts if it is removed. Any other pros and cons that you can add are greatly appreciated.

Dave

Fixed the title for ya.
If there is a kit for this I would love to get one myself.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Edit...damn Ironman was johnny on the spot with that one!