GEN 2 SVC Mid-Travel Kit Worth it???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the thread hijack.

Hey @BigGriff023 Can you get 2 spares in that Bypass rack? I'm about to purchase mine and am debating on which SVC one to get. I like the idea of 2 stacked so I can have a clear view out of my rear window. Let me know what you know. Thanks man!
Yes you can stack them laying on top of each other if you get a longer Y strap which is what I do for desert trips. Otherwise I just run the one tire at all times.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front Fenders, yes.

You only cut through the bed for long travel. the SVC mid travel kit rear shocks dont cut up through the bed, nor do u need bedsides.

I dont mind cutting through the rear bed, nor getting front fenders which are minor details. I'm focusing on the best 50/50 road/off road suspension setup out there for the money
You’ll def need to account for additional rear suspension work as the rear end will be what limits you after a mid travel kit. So far the ratio I have seen is double rear travel for whatever the front has. I like the svc kit but... if I where you...
I’d do a Oem width LCA and add a secondary bypass up front with bumps, straps and a larger coil over. Then I would run a bypass rack in the rear with spring under Deavers and bumps. I wouldn’t increase your width. Don’t underestimate the cost of fiberglass, sure the initial cost is cheap but to get the body work right it can get very pricy and not worth it in the end.
As mentioned earlier there is the added dilemma that when you add a mid travel, and matched capable rear you start to drive faster and wilder, and so then means you need a cage, seats, and harnesses. It only takes one unexpected g-out to roll a truck as speed.

my 2 cents, go bigger shocks, add a bypass up front, bypass rack in the rear with springs and bumps and have way more capability than you have now. All under the 16k