GEN 2 sun roof sticks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLU

Reaction score
My 2018 sun roof rail tracking became defective and jammed up the sunroof. Had the tracking replacement kit installed, Still doesnt seem right? Pressing button to open the roof the glass will stick at initial opening when the sun has been shining. After the glass sticks hitting return buttom glass closes and then i can hit open buttom and glass moves fine? Does anyone have this same issue? Or is the replacement tracking just not correct?. Doesn't seem to be issue if the sun hasn't been out or weather below 70 deg?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
DO not force the moon roof open! This is a pricey fix.

The panoramic moon roof requires not adequately documented undocumented maintenance to keep it functioning.

1) before actuating the moon roof rearward, using 2 hands, push up on the glass panel with one hand and pop the glass up to the vent position with your other hand by pushing that button on the overhead panel.
2) if it’s never been maintained OR is making noise when opening, you need to liberally lubricate the panel with krytox grease. There are numerous other threads on here and F150 forums documenting the issue.
3) The track mechanism is very, very fragile, made of very brittle (ABS?) plastic. if you force the moon roof panel rearward, plastic pieces break off in the tracks and prevent the glass from opening and / or closing. It’s only a few hundred bucks if you fix it yourself, but a little north of $1500 for a shop to repair it.

OP
OP
DLU

DLU

Reaction score
Thx for the info, will scroll thru threads. Of course its been raining (Northwest) haven't had chance to check it out see if Ford added lube to the panel. At least i haven't heard any noises and seemed to move very smooth once the initial open-jam-close, open, works fine.... Glad its under warranty (pricey) to fix.